• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I have been carrying around a crappy 5.11 flashlight over the last year. I have found this to be one of the most useful tools I can carry. I use it way more than I ever thought I would. But after a year I had problems with it turning on inside my pocket, therefore killing the batt, that and I wanted a flashlight with brighter capability.

So I bought this Redline SE last week https://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=164&cid=16
    I am very happy with the performance of this flashlight, its brightness kicks like a mule, and has many modes I can put it in if need be. However I am having the same problem, the flashlight keeps turning on in my pocket killing the batt.

Has anyone else has this problem? I would prefer not to get a holster for my Flashlight and just carry it in my pocket if possible. Right now its on the pocket clip, would dropping it fully into the pocket help? I don't like that it restricts access by doing that but better to restrict access an have a working light. Any suggestions would help.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I carry a Surefire LX2 bezel down in my rear left pocket daily and don't have this issue. It does not have a clicky style switch though, and has to be held down in order for it to light up.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I carry a Streamlight ProTac 2AA and love it. There other variations if you prefer the fatter CR123 body or the thinner AAA one. I think all 3 of those models also come in 1AA, 1AAA, and 1CR123 variations for shorter OAL.

I carry it on the outside of the back pocket, fits fine with the wallet to keep it vertical.

I've bought from botach and amazon for the same price before.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I carry a Surefire LX2 bezel down in my rear left pocket daily and don't have this issue. It does not have a clicky style switch though, and has to be held down in order for it to light up.

I also have the Surefire LX2. Great light! You can twist the tailcap to the point where it won't be pressed accidentally, but you can still do press and hold halfway for 15 lumens and press all the way for 200 lumens (no clicking on and off). You don't have multiple selection modes, which is good because they can be problematic under stress because if you need the light off quickly to hide, you may not get it off quickly if you have to switch through low, high, strobe etc to turn it off.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Thanks guys, I don't think mine does the safety turn unless i am doing it wrong.

My brother works in a tool room and he is going to build me a screw on cap so that the button will me depressed below the cap, should solve my problem I will update once he is done with it.

Top Bottom