• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yeah.
    The fam does complain at times because I might have a problem.
    But when the power goes out, who's the hero? Eh? ME!! That's flippin' WHO.

These cheap suckers are super handy...found a stash and bought a bunch.

IMG_0070_zps6a07e342.jpg

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Nice find. Any idea who made them or their lumens? Probably a good thing your 1911's aren't in the same price range as most flash lights are or you'd have to buy a bank vault to hold everything! :laugh::laugh:

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think you know you have a problem and you need to cut back...maybe join a support group. Flashlights anonymous is one of the bigger ones.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I too enjoy a nice flashlight. Lately I have been on a rechargeable kick and I am loving my Streamlight Strion for nightstand use and I cannot tell you what kind of hell I have put my Stinger through and it keeps on shining. I have a TerraLUX Lightstar 80 in my pocket for general work use and a Streamlight ProTac 2L in a pouch on my belt. Surefire G2 LED in my truck and a cheapy rechargeable in my glove box as back up.

Yeah I am a flashlightaholic too.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    everytime I see a flashlight thread, I feel compelled to build another one.

Building flashlights? Huh?

And I thought I was bad having 2 flashlights in my Jeep, 2 with my fire gear (1 on helmet, 1 in a pocket), 1 on my night satand, 1 with my Glock, and a few other ones throughout the house. Then 2 in the Emergency kit.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Building flashlights? Huh?

And I thought I was bad having 2 flashlights in my Jeep, 2 with my fire gear (1 on helmet, 1 in a pocket), 1 on my night satand, 1 with my Glock, and a few other ones throughout the house. Then 2 in the Emergency kit.

Yes...built a 2500 lumens 4D maglight

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ok, so my standard 3D is how many lumens? Guess Im a n00b.

I gauge the light by:
    1.) EFFIN BRIGHT
    2.) NOT EFFIN BRIGHT
    3.) EFFIN DEAD

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I bought 3 8 packs of lights similar to those at Bass pro last year around the holidays. They were $6.99 for 8, not the best light out there, but handy to have. If they have em again this year, I'll stock up some more.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    JG, I have to say you are the first person I have heard about with a flashlight fetish. Way to be unique.

1. When leaving to go to a late day event, Mr.Jet remembered it would be dark before walking back to wherever we parked. He said, "you know what we probably should have thought to bring?" I answered by producing a flashlight.
    Bazinga.

2. A few weeks back we went to pick up his car from the repair place. The lot was closed, it was dark, and the bill was already paid... we just had to retrieve the vehicle. The service people put the key inside and locked the door...but failed to tell us WHERE in the car they put it. After much frustration on some nameless person's part, guess who found the key? The one with a flashlight.
    Bazinga.

3. The daughter was going camping with friends a while back. She had a flashlight...but she was the only one who did (don't know where she gets that from :-D )... Mom to the rescue of all the friends. Flashlights for everyone. And since they were the cheapie ones, "you people just KEEP them. Now you'll have one when you need it again..because you will!"
    Yeah, I'm like a rock star. :D (Plus, then I had a reason to buy newer cooler ones. :): )
    Bazinga.

4. I could go on.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I have a minimum of 6 flashlights in the nightstand by my bed.
    Two in my sock drawer.
    One in my mini handgun safe.
    One in each vehicle, including the only goes to haul trash on Saturdays 1975 GMC.
    I buy people flashlights for Christmas presents.
    And I keep batteries on hand at all times.
    So, yeah, I can relate.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I take it he has not been to CandlePower forums. lol

apparently not...there's guys there that would spend so much money on flashlights, you could have had yourself several ar15's. Heck, my big red cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 to build...

Top Bottom