• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I got a gift card for REI as an early Christmas gift. I picked up a Fenix LD02. It is a seriously cool EDC. So small but gives you 3 settings with a 100 lumens max. Pretty sweet.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I purchased one this year, I believe it was recommended in this thread. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VCPAJX0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I am satisfied with it. It is rechargeable with any micro usb cable. It has a glow in the dark power button to find just after the lights go out. It is very bright, but also has 4 power settings to allow you to select how bright it is, and also how long it lasts. Walking through the woods after a hunt may be a time to use the dimer setting to save power and also light the path just in front of you, if you need a brighter setting you push the button as you toggle through the brightness. It also has a strobe feature if you hold it down for a full second.

The only negative I can find is it has come on when in my pocket or in a bag but it is rechargeable. I also wonder about using it for any type tactical type light as you have to hold the power switch down for about a half second to turn it on, and a half second to turn it off. That's a looooooong time in a situation when you want light instantly or want it off instantly. For a regular light, I like it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I purchased one this year, I believe it was recommended in this thread. Fenix UC30 960 Lumens Cree XM-L2 LED Rechargeable LED Flashlight w/ 2600mAh 18650, Holster, Built-in USB Charger, Lumen Tactical AC CAR Power Adapter - - Amazon.com

I am satisfied with it. It is rechargeable with any micro usb cable. It has a glow in the dark power button to find just after the lights go out. It is very bright, but also has 4 power settings to allow you to select how bright it is, and also how long it lasts. Walking through the woods after a hunt may be a time to use the dimer setting to save power and also light the path just in front of you, if you need a brighter setting you push the button as you toggle through the brightness. It also has a strobe feature if you hold it down for a full second.

The only negative I can find is it has come on when in my pocket or in a bag but it is rechargeable. I also wonder about using it for any type tactical type light as you have to hold the power switch down for about a half second to turn it on, and a half second to turn it off. That's a looooooong time in a situation when you want light instantly or want it off instantly. For a regular light, I like it.

There might be something wrong with your light. Mine come on immediately when press or click the tail switch and goes off just as fast.

Are you talking about the delay when you unplug it from charging?

EDIT TO ADD: OOPS! You have the UC30, but mine is the UC35. The UC30 is more of a utility light since it doesn't have a tail switch. The UC35 is a little longer, but it has a tail switch for instant on/off.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    There might be something wrong with your light. Mine come on immediately when press or click the tail switch and goes off just as fast.

Are you talking about the delay when you unplug it from charging?

EDIT TO ADD: OOPS! You have the UC30, but mine is the UC35. The UC30 is more of a utility light since it doesn't have a tail switch. The UC35 is a little longer, but it has a tail switch for instant on/off.

I was about to post the same thing lol..

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    No, it's normal according to the instructions. On mine I can press the power switch and hold it for a half second to turn it on or off, and a full second to activate the strobe function. I can cycle through the power levels with a simple switch bump, but on, off, or strobe takes a half second with is fine when I am looking for something that rolled under the chair, but if I am in a self defense situation where I want to flash it on quick to blind / identify before shooting, it would seem like a lifetime.

I believe we are talking about different models, mine does not have a tail switch at all.

Skip to 2:35 for demonstration of modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYureYB_GfQ

Last edited:

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    LED Lenser is the brightist flashlight I have ever had. It is made by the company that makes leatherman multi-tools. When I saw it at the store and tried the test switch on the package I saw dots in front of my eyes for two hrs. I bought it right off the bat. Use it everyday at work, and one in my nightstand.

Top Bottom