• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like coast brand lights. they are rather expensive but you can charge it with your cell phone charger and have a decent build quality

What kind of cheap a** are you? Coast are far from expensive compared to tacticool lights like Surefire, etc.

I carry a Coast light as part of my EDC. They are FAR from expensive comparitively speaking.

(but I dont really think you think they are expensive. This was just some more text on your way to 50 to buy that shiny object or sell your albatross... If so you wont even notice this post)

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    [video]https://youtu.be/uABM2KTVwq4[/video]

Check out the new weapon light from FourSevens. I think I'll wait to see what sort of durability it has before I purchase, but the price and features are awesome.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Check out the new weapon light from FourSevens. I think I'll wait to see what sort of durability it has before I purchase, but the price and features are awesome.

600 Lumens for something that small and light is impressive!

The downward facing navigation light is a very interesting concept.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    $100 "We are going to blow the market up."

Yes. Yes, they are. Looks like it can do 300 and 600 lumens by the two modes he showed. 300 is generally plenty. Runtime is probably similar to my CR123. I get 1 hours at 300 lumens.

I was about to go with an Olight, because I like the tap solution. Looks like this is the same and more.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    The downside will be finding holsters. And paying for them.
    Which you have to do regardless.
    I concede their is a higher likelihood of off the shelf options for say x300 or TLR's though.
    Sure looks like an interesting light. I'm certainly no expert but have been running a foursevens light for the past four or five years and have been VERY happy with it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Kind of out of sync but I bought a Fenix RC11 the other day and I'm fairly impressed. As a utility light it's been real handy. Only complaint I have, the side switch is too touchy for pocket carry. It does ok in a cargo pocket if the clip is properly oriented. Rechargeable and amazingly bright on the turbo setting. Got a free spare battery and red lens cover with the purchase. Thinking about a biolite stove for shtf charging.

Anybody have any experience with either the light or the stove?

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    The downside will be finding holsters. And paying for them.
    Agreed. However, kydex makers are usually pretty helpful if you send them an email. I'm in the market for 2 weapon lights currently. I'll probably buy one streamlight right now and maybe grab a foursevens later on.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Which you have to do regardless.
    I concede their is a higher likelihood of off the shelf options for say x300 or TLR's though.
    Sure looks like an interesting light. I'm certainly no expert but have been running a foursevens light for the past four or five years and have been VERY happy with it.

Sure, if you don't already have a light-gun combination. If you have already invested in holsters for TLR-1 mounted on your guns, then it's an issue! And if you don't carry a Glock or an M&P, then it gets tougher yet to find holsters for your gun/light.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My (Raven) light bearing holster G34/X300 seems a bit weak on retention. Wonder if this is the same with most of them?

I have hopes for the foursevens weaponlight posted in the vid above. A small package that will blend onto a G19 and go IWB easily is a package that can turn into the standard for defensive carry. The price tag will make it fairly easy to say yes to new kydex. Not to mention wake up the light competition to smaller and cheaper.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville

Anyone seen even these in the wild yet? I haven't heard anything since SHOT Show.

Top Bottom