Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Going on 6 years. Just sayin'.

pub7iZg.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-Sportsman-Flashlight-Batteries-SP123A-B/dp/B001KYFZFA

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been a big Surefire fan since their very early days and to date haven't trusted any other brand on my weapons. Surefire has never come out with a viable pocket sized flashlight (or what I consider pocket sized) so many years ago I picked up a Fenix P1D and it held up great for several years. I replaced it with an Olight S1 Baton mainly due to the improved switch and it's been awesome for a couple of years now. I just ordered a rechargeable S1 Baton Turbo S and got it in yesterday and it's extremely impressive.

I also ordered an H1R Nova headlamp which should be here tomorrow. It'll be replacing a Surefire Saint Maximus I bought when they were first released. Looking forward to having a headlamp that doesn't eat batteries when it isn't in use.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My Fenix PD35 edc that I had did not last long. The button that changes the intensity stopped working right after a year.

I bought a Streamlight and am pretty happy.

The PD35 is pretty popular. Sounds like you got a bad one. Mine has been going strong for years.

My Streamlights have been good as well.

The only thing I've had trouble with oddly enough is a Surefire. The momentary button is going bad.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't think 4sevens is doing so hot right now. I know they are cutting ties with dealers and are struggling to get back with customers....

I was afraid of that. Their social media accounts have been silent since April. Oh well.

That's unfortunate. That market is very, very competitive, though.

This is unnerving. I have had a Preon2 in my shirt pocket for years now. Just upgraded to the new (2X price) model last year. Great admin/day light, but still room for improvement.

I use the light numerous times throughout the day. Amazing how quick I'll miss the admin light in the middle of the day if forgotten. Looking around, behind, under stuff, aux lighting for phone pics, etc. My middle aged, (reading glasses,) eyes require more light all the time.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    How are single cell’s safer?
    Curious myself, I've over 20 Surefire lights, and a bevy of others, (Streamlight, Nitcore, pelican, etc.) and have even run el cheapo 123's in my Surefires(shhhh, don't tell them) and have never had an incident? Well, I take that back, my Nitcore MT1C came on in my pocket, and made my junk uncomfortably warm before I realized what was happening and turned it off. I've never had a LiOn battery explode or catch fire, so I'm unsure of this single cell safer thing?

Top Bottom