• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, let's delve into a hypothetical.

Let's assume the plane isn't dust in the ocean right now, and we pick up on radar that this plane is back in the air. That's pretty much an immediate "shoot it down" situation, right?

What if it's over or near a populated area? Pilot might detonate a disaster device if an attempt is made to bring it down... but likely would do so anyway... etc...

Are there ways to obliterate a giant plane to where there isn't much debris to hit the ground?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Are there ways to obliterate a giant plane to where there isn't much debris to hit the ground?

According to the official narrative our government provided us, it is perfectly normal for giant planes to be obliterated with little to no debris, bodies, luggage, etc.

Heck, this very thing happened four times in one day so it must be rather common. All they ever found was a few random pieces and a terrorist passport from what I heard.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well, we'll see if that debris off the coast of Australia has anything to do with it. It's in the area of the projected flight path....but who knows.

...but as I've said many times, no matter the reason for the turn off course, I remain of the opinion that the plane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

Agree. I think the pilot ditched the plane and is sank intact pretty much. they have about 16 more days of battery life on the black box to send out a ping if they get close enough.....after that I don't think they will ever find it. Who would think a pilot would ever do this.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    According to the official narrative our government provided us, it is perfectly normal for giant planes to be obliterated with little to no debris, bodies, luggage, etc.

Heck, this very thing happened four times in one day so it must be rather common. All they ever found was a few random pieces and a terrorist passport from what I heard.

Yeah...a high speed impact with the ground is a little bit different than a high speed impact with the ocean and its moving currents.

Besides, they found more than a "few random pieces" of the 9/11 aircraft, such as engine cores with serial numbers on them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah...a high speed impact with the ground is a little bit different than a high speed impact with the ocean and its moving currents.

Besides, they found more than a "few random pieces" of the 9/11 aircraft, such as engine cores with serial numbers on them.

seats, landing gear, bodies, body parts, luggage, etc, etc, etc

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The programmed turn and then shut off of signaling equipment.............I think that might have been a setup, to make people look south when it might have gone north.
    Or maybe somebody just wanted to splash it out in the middle of nowhere.

Fear is a product of the unknown. Either case works.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wait....... I'm not going to bother searching this thread but has the US Navy diverting the plane to Diego Garcia theory from the Kermlin mentioned yet?

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    This has been a real eye opener for me, I honestly thought that in this day and age a jet of that size with
    the technology now in place could just vanish out of thin air.

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville
    This has been a real eye opener for me, I honestly thought that in this day and age a jet of that size with
    the technology now in place could just vanish out of thin air.

When flying over the oceans, the only way ATC knows where we are at is because we tell them. They know our plan, and we call and tell them we are where we said we were going to be.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I get the feeling there will be satellite based radar tracking at some point in the future. Possibly tied to the illustrious black box. Even more simple would be tracking tied to GPS in the form of a return that records location of a plane using it.....and can't be turned off.

Last edited:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've always wondered why the transponder had an off switch due to the nature of it's mission.

Several reasons. When an aircraft is on the ground it should be kept off to avoid creating one big blob on the radar screen when who knows how many aircraft are actively moving around. I was always taught to turn it to "on" just prior to advancing the throttle(s) for takeoff. They also have an "ident" button which is usually used when first contacting air traffic control (ATC) or when ATC has some confusion. They will say "squak ident" which highlights that aircraft on the radar screen. There seems to be much confusion about this transponder the non flying public doesn't understand. They have four knobs which is sort of like tuning a radio but in reverse. ATC tells you which numbers to dial in which are different than any other airplane in the sky so they know who is who. The transponder also has what is called "mode C" which displays the aircraft's altitude on the radar screen. These transponders must also be calibrated on a biennial basis which is every two years.

Last edited:

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville
    I get the feeling there will be satellite based radar tracking at some point in the future. Possibly tied to the illustrious black box. Even more simple would be tracking tied to GPS in the form of a return that records location of a plane using it.....and can't be turned off.

Our planes have this because we subscribe to the service, the company can see us at any time. Also there is newer technology that allows ATC to see us over the ocean and communicate with us via text message over satellite. Not all planes have been upgraded, and not all companies pay for the service.

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville
    Several reasons. When an aircraft is on the ground it should be kept off to avoid creating one big blob on the radar screen when who knows how many aircraft are actively moving around. I was always taught to turn it to "on" just prior to advancing the throttle(s) for takeoff. They also have an "ident" button which is usually used when first contacting air traffic control (ATC) or when ATC has some confusion. They will say "squak ident" which highlights that aircraft on the radar screen. There seems to be much confusion about this transponder the non flying public doesn't understand. They have four knobs which is sort of like tuning a radio but in reverse. ATC tells you which numbers to dial in which are different than any other airplane in the sky so they know who is who. The transponder also has what is called "mode C" which displays the aircraft's altitude on the radar screen. These transponders must also be calibrated on a biennial basis which is every two years.

Most major airports require you to operate the transponder on the ground. This along with ground based radar is how they help keep track of planes on the ground.

Top Bottom