• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I watched it all, thought it was good, don't think you will see a second season though, it was depressing.

If ever you wanted to see a democratic ran city full of fail it would be Flint/Detroit.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    What is it? I grew up in Flint, MI. Is it about the city?

Edit: Just watched the trailer and added it to my watch list.

Last edited:

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Not all the way done with it, but very interesting. I looked up some homes for sale in Flint. You can get a decent house for 25k. Area is a little shooty though.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I'm a few episodes in. I couldn't imagine policing that city. They must really love it. Recently, the City of Flint was hiring two or three part time police officers, at a starting pay of $11.25 an hour.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just watched the first episode based on this thread. Damn good. I think the cinematography puts it over the top; it's excellent. Not to mention The whole situation in Flint is just fascinating.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm a few episodes in. I couldn't imagine policing that city. They must really love it. Recently, the City of Flint was hiring two or three part time police officers, at a starting pay of $11.25 an hour.

Just think there are 3-4 cars to cover the entire city on a shift, 50+ calls behind, responding to robberies a day after they happen.

Again if you want to see a liberal ran city here is a prime example. The place is cancer on America.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Just think there are 3-4 cars to cover the entire city on a shift, 50+ calls behind, responding to robberies a day after they happen.

Again if you want to see a liberal ran city here is a prime example. The place is cancer on America.

Another good one is "The Force." It's a documentary as opposed to a series, but Oakland PD has a lot of the same issues. They're spending the entire shift chasing calls, some from 2-3 days ago.

Liberal America at its finest.

dk598

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    I've watched the series 3 times now and refer it to others as well. It's absolutely amazing to me that they have the manpower issues with the extreme delays in calls for service. NUTS! And the water crisis?!?!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I finished the episodes. Was interesting to try to spot some familiar locations. They did mention some streets and intersections I am familiar with. One was on the west side where we lived.

I suspect most of this was in the north end of town. It was always bad. My dad's restaurant was right on the "DMZ" line between "downtown" and the north end. He saw and experienced quite a bit of crime around his business and even involving him on a few occasions.

Flint, when my mom and dad moved there around 1958 was a growing city with a fair amount of money coming from the auto industry. But whenever the auto industry got hit, Flint got hit harder. And when the U.S. economy hit a recession, Flint fell into depression.

When people say to me; "don't you ever want to move back to where you grew up?" I say, " I grew up in Flint, MI. What do you think?"

Top Bottom