• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I do have to say, I gave zero Fs the other day and just threw on my flip flops to run a quick errand (to a small, relatively empty and fairly secure location where the possibility of engaging in a gunfight was seriously low). I figured my RMR’d G19, spare 21 round mag and backwards multicam black baseball hat offset my loss in flip flop karma. It was kind of liberating.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've actually run in them and didn't have an issue. I do want to get a pair of these, though, but they don't flip or flop...

I'm kind of sandal-curious for hot weather hiking. My concern is hot spots in a 10+ mile day. I see they sell split toe socks as well. You end up kind of like a cow hoofed creature, but that may work.

BedrockSandals_MT20_Bydlon_072520-1020164_2000x.jpg

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm kind of sandal-curious for hot weather hiking. My concern is hot spots in a 10+ mile day. I see they sell split toe socks as well. You end up kind of like a cow hoofed creature, but that may work.

BedrockSandals_MT20_Bydlon_072520-1020164_2000x.jpg
    Hiking in ANY kind of sandal sounds like asking for "hot spots" but hiking with a strap between your toes is masochistic

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Does he know the material? Did he present it in an understandable and relevant manner? Was my skillset bettered for having been present?

It seems like a poor choice, and might be indicative of other issues, but I really don't care about ones choice of footwear.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that's about how I would feel on this one too.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Hiking in ANY kind of sandal sounds like asking for "hot spots" but hiking with a strap between your toes is masochistic
    I've hiked a bit in hybrid sandals and even though the toes and most of the front of the foot were covered, collecting debris as I walked was a constant and annoying problem. On all but paved trails, something that open would be a nightmare, IMO.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've hiked a bit in hybrid sandals and even though the toes and most of the front of the foot were covered, collecting debris as I walked was a constant and annoying problem. On all but paved trails, something that open would be a nightmare, IMO.

Seems like the basket thing would be the worst of both worlds. Let stuff in but not let it fall back out. I dunno, sandals and long distances are not exactly foreign to the human experience. Neither is barefoot, but I'm way too soft to start down that path.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Seems like the basket thing would be the worst of both worlds. Let stuff in but not let it fall back out. I dunno, sandals and long distances are not exactly foreign to the human experience. Neither is barefoot, but I'm way too soft to start down that path.

It was more like half of a good thing... and the open back wasn't the good part. The more open part did a much better job of letting debris in than letting it back out. True about not being foreign to the human experience, though legend has it that things didn't end so well for the first Marathon runner who likely wore sandals.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

That’s why God made FiveFingers:

1628539811748.jpeg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Top Bottom