• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    When Bush Jr was in power the republicans were doing OK, where government was concerned and the dems were seriously concerned about the size, scope and intrusions of .gov. Now that Obama is in power they've flip flopped their positions, according to a Gallup Poll. The dems are content with the size of government and its intrusions into civil rights and our affairs and the reps are way beyond concerned. It's laughable. There's been no real change in the government since Obama took over. Things didn't magically get better when he put his butt into the catbird seat. Both parties should still be horribly concerned with where things were, are and where they're going in what is essentially Bush's 3rd term.

via Rebecca Sink-Burris on Facebook

Republicans, Democrats Shift on Whether Gov't Is a Threat

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, maybe one of these days enough Libertarians can get elected so that the Dems & Reps can criticize them for a change...
    I can get behind that.
    Maybe reps and dems can stop voting for the same old losers who grew government and they'll stop complaining about big government and violations of civil rights. I won't hold my breath on the latter, tho.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Reminds me of the Patriot Act. I heard years of Democratic shrieking and harping about it, and what happened when it came up recently, with Democrats controlling both houses and the White House? They renewed it.

I also can't help but notice we're still in both Afghanistan AND Iraq. What happened to coming home NOW?

But hey, look on the bright side. At least we're buried under a bipartisan mountain of debt.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Couldn't have said it better. I'm scared :poop:less that the Republicraps will get control of the house and the senate back and will do exactly what they did before. They'll expand government, Democraps will whine, Democraps will get voted back in. Of course, if Libertarians get voted in, and Libertarian policies are implemented, things will be bad for awhile just because of how far gone we are. Then, people with short memories will start voting for the original two parties again. I think there is hope in the election booth, but people have got to WAKE THE HELL UP and start remembering things for longer than four years.

Top Bottom