• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Last year I spent a week at 3 different FL locations (Madeira Beach, FL on the gulf, Vero Beach on the Atlantic and Orlando).
    I should have skipped Orlando. Way to $$$, loud, busy and basically a tourist trap. Vero Beach was nice. Loved swimming in the ocean and having it push and pull me. However it was a bit too relaxing as in there was nothing else to do but beach & pool. Still for the 2 days at vero beach it was just what I needed to relax, no cellphone, no internet, no work calls, no family text, nothing! :D However I really loved Madeira Beach and St. John's Pass. I went during their seafood & music festival and the food was amazing. Yes it was loud at St. John's Pass but I was about 3 blocks from the pass and right on the beach so I could not hear all the noise and was far enough away that it was quite. Did not get to spend much time on the beach here as it was the first time at St. John's Pass so I did all that sightseeing.

Which brings me to this year. I want to go back to FL somewhere along the gulf shoreline. I figured maybe 2 to 3 days back at Mederia Beach but then someplace else. Anything I should hit this time? Thinking late AUG - SEP timeframe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Laguna Beach, FL... sleepy place, beautiful beaches, beaches not crowded, but close enough to Uber to rowdy Panama City

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm more of a history buff so I guess i cant help. If I'm going to relax on a beach I'm picky. The keys would be my Florida choice. But Hawaii is my first choice. Island of Kuaii. You can get away from all the hip hop noises and the scum bag people on the other islands and actualy find beaches where you can be alone. Or go to a hidden waterfall for the day and relax. If you like to snorkel the southern beaches have some coves or if you surf your best bet is the north shore and also check out the light house and take a horse back ride

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    In laws have a place in Mexico Beach. It's a quick drive to Panama City and it's right next door to Tyndall AFB and most days you can see F22 Raptors skim the gulf during exercises. Nice local restaurants and no tourist traffic. We've been going for years so I'm a little biased but the fishing pier is newish and never crowded. If you have kids, they can catch ghost crabs for days.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Could always do some something different and visit inland Florida, there are some natural spring kayaking and airboat rides that are neat, some cool dirty south sight seeing and dining that most don't know about.

I have lived down here for a couple years and have found a lot of neat stuff I never knew about that simply is off the grid.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My aunt lives in Tarpon Springs, just north of Clearwater. It's little Greece, LOVE it. quiet little town with great food. The sponge docks are very cool. Honeymoon Island is fantastic.

Top Bottom