• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Years ago I was in Colorado, and was looking at a rifle, and said I liked it, but told the FFL that I couldn't buy it because I was from Indiana, he told me that I could, indeed, buy a rifle, or shotgun from Co. that Indiana had agreements with several states allowing sale to In. residents....does anyone here know about that law/ agreement? has it expired? I know about Contiguous states, but this is non-contiguous states...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I like the first gun law. We should start over there so everyone understands everything again.

When people tell me we should "compromise", I tell them, "Okay. Let's compromise. Get rid of ALL gun laws. Now we compromise. We get rid of 3/4s of gun laws. What? You don't think that's a compromise. Well when it's the other way, I don't think it's a compromise."

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    When people tell me we should "compromise", I tell them, "Okay. Let's compromise. Get rid of ALL gun laws. Now we compromise. We get rid of 3/4s of gun laws. What? You don't think that's a compromise. Well when it's the other way, I don't think it's a compromise."

The real problem, like you pointed out, is that the average person really has no idea how many gun laws we already have. They think a compromise to not have people buying fully semiautomatics from children at the country fair is completely reasonable.

It was the early '00s when I started getting into firearms. When my buddy explained the AWB to me my eyes rolled back so far that I could actually see last week. Even well meaning people have absolutely no clue what the laws actually are. The not well meaning people just want all of us to have no guns at all. So, that's the game we play. Education vs. Go F yourself. :)

norris14

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Carmel, IN
    This is all great info! Thanks everyone! The statement the employee said that stood out is that they can't sell to states that have different laws than Florida. I think I would need some documentation to show Indiana has the same laws now, if they are indeed using outdated info.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This is all great info! Thanks everyone! The statement the employee said that stood out is that they can't sell to states that have different laws than Florida. I think I would need some documentation to show Indiana has the same laws now, if they are indeed using outdated info.

Indiana code is all available online, but ultimately if they don't want to change their store policy then they're not going to. Rather than fight city hall, I'd work out a discount for the shipping and transfer and let 'em ship it to the FFL of your choice. If you have wait another week or two to pay the NICS fee, the it can sit up here and wait for you.

Or if you have family down there, maybe they're Christmas shopping?

norris14

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Carmel, IN
    I checked some other gun stores and it turns out they can sell to me, but all gun sales now require a 3-day waiting period. Found this out 2 days too late.

norris14

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Carmel, IN
    The gun shop owner that was really helpful explaining everything said the 3 day law was passed by liberals after the Parkland shooting. They never waste a tragedy.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I’m pretty sure there used to be an Indiana law that an Indiana resident could only purchase a long gun from a contiguous state. That law was repealed under Daniels or Pence. They probably never updated their sheet.

Top Bottom