• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I get them for $5 at work, so yeah, and I work with not just the public, but the snot-nosed little munchkin public.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Never had one and will never get one. I've never had the flu though(I've had stomach flu a few times in my lifetime, but I doubt that shot would prevent that anyway).

I wouldn't let my son get one either.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've done it voluntarily every year for the past several years. This year my employer (a hospital) told us we had to or find other employment! That kind of crap pisses me off!:xmad: But until I win the lottery I'll just let them think I'm doing it because they told me to!:laugh:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    This year my employer (a hospital) told us we had to or find other employment!

St. V's does that too, that is a law suit waiting to happen when someone has an adverse reaction.

My wife is an RN and I a Medic... neither of us get one, and we are considered "high risk" category.

BTW Rambone in 3.....2.....1 :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Never had the flu shot. But I'm thinking about getting one this year. I've been very sick 2 times in the last 3 months. And it was no fun.

But then again my wife is a 2nd grade teacher. Stinkin' sick kids...

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive had one once before, but havent had the flu in a number of years (knock on wood), But since im in the micro lab this semester I may get one, havent made up my mind though

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Never had the flu shot. But I'm thinking about getting one this year. I've been very sick 2 times in the last 3 months. And it was no fun.

But then again my wife is a 2nd grade teacher. Stinkin' sick kids...

If you've been sick twice in 90 days, your immune system should be off of the charts right now. I haven't been sick twice in my entire life(since I've been old enough to remember).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If you've been sick twice in 90 days, your immune system should be off of the charts right now. I haven't been sick twice in my entire life(since I've been old enough to remember).

I never used to get sick, but I think it was because I used to run everyday.

I don't run like I used to.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Never had one and don't plan to this year.

When the "swine flu" craze was going around, my wife and I asked our doctor if we and our children should get one. He said, "it's the flu, like any other flu, if you get it, you'll get over it." Sure enough, we did get it and we got over it, so we've just left it at that.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    What is named "stomach flu" is really Gastroenteritis.
    Gastroenteritis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The condition is usually of acute onset, normally lasting 1–6 days, and is self-limiting.

It can last 6 days? :faint:

I've never had it for more than 8 hours and afterwards I'm fired and weak for at least a day.

Those 8 hours are the worst feeling I've ever felt. I'd probably shoot myself after day 2. I rarely get it, but when I do, it is VIOLENT and unrelenting...I'm not sure my body could survive 6 days of it, since I can't even ingest an ounce of water without puking it back up + stomach bile.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Never had one and don't plan to this year.

When the "swine flu" craze was going around, my wife and I asked our doctor if we and our children should get one. He said, "it's the flu, like any other flu, if you get it, you'll get over it." Sure enough, we did get it and we got over it, so we've just left it at that.

I did ask my Doctor if I need one he said the same thing. It can inter-act with other meds. you might be taking, so it also good to sak.:yesway:

Top Bottom