• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We get them free at work. I didn't for the first 5 or 6 years but then I married someone with 2 healthcare degrees. Now I get one every year.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I've gotten the flu shot for the past 18-20 years after having a couple bad bouts with it, and I think I contracted it taking the kids to day care :noway:. I havent had it since!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My wife and I both had pretty rough cases of the flu about 3 years ago, so we've taken the flu shot the last 2 years. So far so good, no flu.

An ounce of prevention, and all that...

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I can only relate my experiences. I use to get the flu just about every year. As I got older it was harder and harder, lasted longer. About 15 years ago I started getting flu shots. I have not gotten the flu since then, as far as I know. If I did, it was very mild sniffles for a day or two, maybe a slight cough, but no fevers.

This year my work required all staff to get flu shots. Since my coworkers were the only ones I was in close contact, I appreciate this very much.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    First time ever. Strongly recommend if I wanted to see my new granddaughter. Also my doctor basically told me to not be a p___y(*) and just get one this year because he said if I didn't he would just laugh at me if I requested Tamiflu, I like his dark sense of humor.

I have went a half century never getting a flu shot and never getting the flu. Other than the mask I have been doing the hand washing, hygiene, not shaking hands, not touching my face, avoiding people that are sick (as well as those I detest). It's not rocket surgery or brain science.

(*) I have a needle phobia although I no longer get lightheaded from the irrational fear.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    First time ever. Strongly recommend if I wanted to see my new granddaughter...

Our daughter gave birth to our first grandchild in May.

She sent a group text to the whole family outlining the vaccination requirements to gain an audience with the little prince.:laugh:

My wife and I gladly complied. But it turns out that some on the SIL's side are anti-vaxxers.

I think the last holdouts, a pair of great-grandparents, finally relented in September. Just before Baby Barrett's first visit to Indiana.

I mean, look at him. How could they NOT?;)

0f069dbf-2152-46e2-99e4-caca6dc12ba8-l.jpeg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

She sent a group text to the whole family outlining the vaccination requirements to gain an audience with the little prince.:laugh:

My wife and I gladly complied. But it turns out that some on the SIL's side are anti-vaxxers.

I think the last holdouts, a pair of great-grandparents, finally relented in September. Just before Baby Barrett's first visit to Indiana.

Not much of a choice for me to get to see that little guy IMO.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Haven’t had a flu shot in 20 years. I’m not afraid of them, don’t think they’re anything they aren’t claimed to be but every single year that I got one I got sick as a dog. I may have gotten that sick once since I stopped getting them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

To me it seems obvious that if there were not known anti-vaxxers in the family, the would not have made the "demand".

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Haven’t had a flu shot in 20 years. I’m not afraid of them, don’t think they’re anything they aren’t claimed to be but every single year that I got one I got sick as a dog. I may have gotten that sick once since I stopped getting them.

Ditto, no shots in 20+ years, no flu in the same. Before that military required them and got sick about every 2 years. None of our family takes them, none of us have had the flu for a couple of decades. Survey sample of 1. YMMV.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    To me it seems obvious that if there were not known anti-vaxxers in the family, the would not have made the "demand".

I don't really think my daughter had any idea.

I think her demands were more, "first time mom" demands stemming from anxiety over the responsibility for keeping a baby alive.

He's 6 months now and she's finally moved from frantically washing and sanitizing his pacifier every time it his the floor to wiping it on her shirt and sticking it back in. So she's learning.:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom