• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I got mine a few weeks ago, first one ever. We have a new grandson, and I guess it’s a thing now for pediatricians to bug everybody involved to get a flu shot. I got mine to get my wife and daughter off my back. Got the shot at Kroger clinic, and had no after effects.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    INGOMike is correct. It's a bet. But they have an unusually high percentage of being right. So I get one. My poor Dad was one of those who got sick as a dog from it the first two times he got one back in the 70s. Scared us both away for years. But given what I've seen about CDC's success rate of guessing which strains will be prevalent, and given what I know about how much the flu sucks,. Imma get the shot.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Teaching high school shop and driving a bus route daily, yeah, I'm getting it! First time in college the shot "made me sick". So I didn't get it again and a couple years later, wife and I laid on opposing couches and thought we were dying. Gotten one ever since. Got my second pneumonia shot this year.

Left arm, CVS.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I got one for the first time this year. Not so much because of the current pandemic but because of getting a little older and not bouncing back from illnesses like before. Wasn't that long ago, a cold or flu didn't slow me down much. Last December, I spent the better part of two days in bed.

My upper arm is still sore as heck and I got the shot on Monday....

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    My upper arm is still sore as heck and I got the shot on Monday....
    I got the extra strength shot for old people. The nurse said to rub the injection site for a while. I rubbed my arm for 15 minutes and after several days, I noticed my arm was a little sore if I touched it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I will probably get it again this year since i have been getting one every year for the last few years and never had any issues.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think I'm getting mine next Friday at my doctor's office. When we were still in the office before the plague, I'd often just go ahead and get the free one they offered there.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Oooooh, revisiting this in the pandemic fall of 2020.

What do we think this year?

Cheap and easy locations?

I got mine about a month ago. Took less than 10 minutes while I was at Kroger, and I didn't have to pay anything (which is the case with many health insurance coverage options).

My arm was slightly sore for a couple of hours, but I probably wouldn't have noticed if I had been doing something active instead of riding around on a mower.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Got mine today. Free at our health insurance clinic @ Hendricks Reginal. In and out in ten minutes. My third year in a row in getting one. Never had any negative effects and no flu.

FWIW, I had a flu or something about 18 years ago that flat out floored me for a entire week! Never went to the Dr or anything but it was rough. Hoping to never experience that again.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a friend that's kinda off the grid and off the radar for most things.

Any idea on the best place for him to get the shot without much paperwork/hassle and no insurance? Cost for a no insurance shot?

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I've never gotten one, but might do it this year. I normally just don't bother with it until it's already around April and thus too late. :dunno:

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    I probably get them every other year. No matter what, I always get sick sometime through the season. I usually get it at my doctor's office and insurance covers 100%. My wife is a hard 'no' on getting one this year.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Why are you shouting?
    He's not shouting, he's just calmly stating his opinion so you can see it. I bet you're one of those who thinks burning and looting is not peaceful protesting.

/purple

Back on track, I'm a hard no on the shot. My wife is required as a teacher and I think we're sick about the same; her immunity has to be through the roof being around snotty kids and I'm not around hardly anyone.
    I don't trust the government to do much right or give good advice, why would I trust them on this?

Top Bottom