• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Hope you're on your way home by now Doc. Only direct charter flights for the wife and I these days. Too many hassles with connecting flights. Apple Vacations and Vacation Express usually have direct flights out of Indy, Nashville or St.louis, Frontier or Swift Air, bare bones but no hassles. :rockwoot:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Did I read this right?

Doc is MIA? :runaway:

I missed lots of action :xmad:

currently deplaning in charlotte then heading to Indy flight

i’m sure by now our luggage is safely in Philly

just passed a hellacious line for “customer assist”. We had a short one in Charlotte. Gotta suck for all those people

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We are considering a travel trailer. I don’t have anything that would tow a fifth wheel and we want to drive away without disconnecting so a class A isn’t Gonna work.

st thomas does not have an open container law. Driver can be drinking but not drunk. On the left side of the road, with wicked switchbacks

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I tried to buy the business class upgrade for my wife to sleep and they said none avail. Then after doors shut they moved an employee from exit row to business class since they had a spare one.

:xmad:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    We recently flew from Indy to Houston. About halfway their the pilot came on and told everyone we were being diverted to Little Rock because someone in board had a medical emergency. Two rows behind us a LARGE black woman was apparently continuously throwing up. She was removed and airline employees spent another hour cleaning the plane seats, flow, and walls.

Did I mention how much I hate flying ? ! ! My wife, after 31 years of marriage, has informed me WE are going to Hawaii this year for a second honeymoon. I am contemplating feigning a heart attack just before the flight. The only reason I am considering going is to go back to revisit Schofield Barracks and some sights near there.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I can go on the website for AA and book two tickets from STT to MIA leaving at 4:27 or so but they are telling me at the gate that the flight is full. Wth

The website is allowed to oversell in the event of no-shows.

At least when I flew indonesian airlines the timing was OK. rumor has it at the time that they had only just gotten approval back to fly internationally and looking at the plane I understand why... you know sometimes going down the road you see an old grand cherokee or explorer with wires showing in the tires, at least one slipped belt, completely dead shocks, dog-tracking in back, camber up front from the bad ball joints, steering wheel averaging about 9 degrees off and the driver waving it a 1/4 turn back and forth due to the slop? Give it wings and that's what we were flying in. Had a fresh coat of (probably lead-based) paint but the whole body structure was creaking. You could see a little flex in the fuselage (and this wasn't a huge plane that might justify it), the wings were just about flapping, loud as f***, and a definite vibration from one side (tail/fuselage mounted engine) not present from the other that may have changed pitch through the flight.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've flown the corporate shuttle for work... I'll leave out the details but left my house in Columbus at 545, walked into the office at Charleston, SC just after 8 :D. I've made the same trip commercial tho: 8-10 hrs. drive to indy, hike a mile from the parking lot, security, wait for boarding, 2hr flight, layover because there are no direct flights, 2 hr flight, hike a mile to the rental cars... It's only a 10-11 hr drive!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We've really extended our range of where we're willing to drive vs fly and that is largely due to the **** you have to put up with for the "privilege" of flying. We usually research the route and it's pretty impressive some of the stuff you miss from 30K+ ft vs driving. We'll take a detoured road trip vs flying any day of the week unless there are time constraints involved.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I had to get a ticket last night for my daughter, what a joke. Called AA to make reservation and had to leave message since phone wait was 45 minutes. Some foreigner called me back who I couldn't understand a word he was saying. I hung up and just bought it online. My concern is, they wouldn't let me pay for a checked bag, said it had to be done at airport with Credit or debit card.....the problem is my daughter has neither with her. Wonder if I buy her a prepaid card and send to her if that will work?

I have never flown and have every intention of kicking the bucket without ever flying........nothing I wanna see that I can't drive to.

Top Bottom