• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    My family goes quite a bit we love it. We have driven last couple of times so just locked it in my room when I got to the hotel. Magic express use would make it a no go as you can not without extra hassle check your bag personally on your way home. Enjoy it and make sure you do your research and take your time and you all should have a nice time.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    My family and I just got back from a week at Disney earlier this week. I can confirm that every park had full security in force. You had to empty your pockets in to a plastic bin and walk through a metal detector. We were in the "guests without bags" line every time and still had to pass through the security check before we could proceed to the actual park entrance. I will also confirm that the metal detectors are functional - saw an older gentleman get caught with a revolver concealed on day 1 and a guy with a pocket knife on day 3 get nabbed. As has been mentioned, not worth blowing up your vacation trying to carry in to the parks.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I’m not saying what worked for me will work for you but a life card .22 fits inside a hollowed out MiFi. They never gave it a 2nd look.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    We stayed off site in June and I carried until we got out of the van to go into the park daily, wasn't bad. Agree on being screwed on entrance though, they checked me something fierce every time. I actually enjoyed Disney more than I thought I would, wife and kids loved it!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So I'm clear the parking lot and hotels on premises are fine. But the parks themselves are a no go.
    The parking lots and hotels are NOT fine, technically. No one will check you in either, but if you are caught anywhere on Disney property, you will have to leave. You actually can call ahead and inform them that you will have a firearm that needs to be put in a safe box, and they will accommodate that, but technically, you are not allowed to have a firearm on their property. Rooms do have safes, though.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    The parking lots and hotels are NOT fine, technically. No one will check you in either, but if you are caught anywhere on Disney property, you will have to leave. You actually can call ahead and inform them that you will have a firearm that needs to be put in a safe box, and they will accommodate that, but technically, you are not allowed to have a firearm on their property. Rooms do have safes, though.

Actually, it's my understanding they will no longer allow Firearms being secured in their lock boxes. Just something i read in my research.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Actually, it's my understanding they will no longer allow Firearms being secured in their lock boxes. Just something i read in my research.
    That could be true, it's been over a year since I knew they had that policy.
    I've never used that service.

edit to add: it was 2015 the last time I am aware of that service being offered.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I believe their new thing is that you have to check it in at the front desk ( at the resorts ) and they lock it up there until you leave. I was to,d that when I was down there, but didn’t really pay that much attention since I didn’t have a gun.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Leave it at home. It is JUST a tool. One of many. I just got back from NYC. The day we visited the Empire State Building, I had to leave my G19 in the hotel safe...it stayed there all day. I have yet to fly with my gun, I don't bother.

hqVPeht.jpg

Top Bottom