• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    Yesterday my local sheriff was on the am radio and confirmed that we have a presence of the "Mara Salvatrucha" gang (MS-13) in our area. I've not seen them or signs of it yet around here, just curious if anyone else around the state has knowledge of this...???

Scott

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hey now, Scutter.. Bob & Tom still hang out on the FM..

To the OP, though - not that I've heard of, in this area.. of course, I don't really consider Lafayette to be "This area", and I wouldn't be surprised to find several gangs in Tippecanoe County..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hey now, Scutter.. Bob & Tom still hang out on the FM..

I can't stand listening to B&T anymore. They used to be funny before FM became hobbled by the American Family Values PAC and the FCC (and you can hear the pain in Tom's voice, so you know he hates it as much as we do). Aside from that, I really can't deal with the 27 minutes of commercials out of every hour. And for the love of God, PLEASE stop with The Shane Company already! (or at least get a voiceover artist that isn't so DULL!)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've switched to XM/Sirius (or iPod) almost entirely. I literally cannot stand listening to terrestrial radio any more. Sadly, I feel that satellite radio's days are numbered. Since the merger, they're still hemorrhaging cash and they're slowly ramping up commercial breaks, even on channels where they (used to) claim to be commercial-free.

Still, Ron & Fez (XM202/Sirius 197) >> Bob & Tom. It's not even a contest.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have an XM Inno and I can schedule recordings with it. I record the Ron and Fez replay at midnight and listen to it the next day. Since I generally don't have three hours per day to listen, I end up with a useful backlog of shows to listen to that I haven't heard yet. Also allows me to skip the (minimal - about ten minutes per hour) commercials they broadcast.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I have had XM since 03. Love it. Deeptracks and Jam-on. I even put a radio in at work for my department. Of course the younger turds want to listen to 80's & 90's crap music. Just like the FM crap. They change the channel everytime I leave the room.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I just canceled XM radio this month, am finishing out my last month now. I love the service and that I can get it anywhere I drive, but the one channel I listened to was mangled (imo) in the merger so I have nothing to really listen to now. So I canceled it and am going to move to a Zune I think now and just play what I want. Radio sucks for sure, it is a waste of my time now with all the commercials.

Anyone need an XM Nexus 50 with a car kit and a never used home kit lol? Gotta afford the Zune somehow..... :D Maybe I can trade it for a 2m HT...

Top Bottom