• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    That's what a friend just told me. He said that he was told that you have to use ammo from a marked "self-defense" box of ammo or you would be breaking the law?!? FMJ's are against the law to use as self-defense ammo. This is completely false right? Thanks for the info, if I am wrong please give a link to the I.C. that states it. :ingo:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Your friend is uninformed. There is no such law, at least not in Indiana.

There are some jurisdictions where hollow-points are illegal because they care a lot more there about their criminals and don't want them to be injured by such an evil, designed-only-to-kill-people creation as a hollow-point bullet.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ironically at least one jurisdiction bans the use of hollowpoints for self defense from its peasants. (NJ)

ANYTHING I can get my hands on will be used for self defense if I need it. Do I need to write 'Self Defense Vehicle" on my SUV? :dunno: :D

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Tell your friend that he/she is unlucky in the thinking department. You can use JHP, FMJ, Frosty's SDV. In self defense, I believe it's anything goes. I've never seen anything limiting the tools for self defense.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    There is no state law that either promotes or bands hollow point or fmj ammo. Any further above given by your friend should be evaluated carefully.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibited the use in international warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body. NATO members do not use small arms ammunition that is prohibited by the Hague Convention.

Despite the ban on military use, hollow-point bullets are one of the most common types of civilian and police due largely to the reduced risk of bystanders being hit by over-penetrating or richocheted bullets and the increased speed of incapacitation.

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You know those type of people usually blow smoke out their asses about any given subject.

Don't take a word they say as a probable truth.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard such silliness. Thanks for a good laugh on an otherwise semi-boring morning. :D

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A friend of mine carries non-jacketed wadcutters in his S&W snubby.

When I asked why he said if the badguy doesnt die from getting shot then atleast he might die from lead poisoning. :dunno:

theblackhat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Bremen
    Your friend is uninformed. There is no such law, at least not in Indiana.

There are some jurisdictions where hollow-points are illegal because they care a lot more there about their criminals and don't want them to be injured by such an evil, designed-only-to-kill-people creation as a hollow-point bullet.

:yesway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Indiana Code is your friend (sorta). Do a search for ammunition, cartridge, bullet.
    Don't trust everything you see on the internet.
    That being said..... FMJ is not illegal.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Is this your friend?

DonnieBaker.jpg

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's what a friend just told me. He said that he was told that you have to use ammo from a marked "self-defense" box of ammo or you would be breaking the law?!? FMJ's are against the law to use as self-defense ammo. This is completely false right? Thanks for the info, if I am wrong please give a link to the I.C. that states it. :ingo:
    :bs:

:lmfao::lmfao:

Top Bottom