• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    So, after months of wanting, and of course the sad selling off of my Sig p229 and Glock 22... I finally have a 5.7x28mm :D

4d4a5b26931611e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

a2f7d472933911e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    C'mon! Shoot it! *grin* Jealousy abounds, here. It looks awesome and I have heard a lot of good things about it. I love my FNP 45; hope yours shoots as well as mine does.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    We need video from the range or you simply stole this picture from the interwebs!

In all seriousness, I'm jealous as well. A coworker introduced me to this weapon system. If ammo were more abundant, I would have one as well! Great looking weapon and enjoy it!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I had my Five-seveN out last week and was reminded how much fun it is to shoot. Amazingly accurate at 25 yards, and capable of further, very little recoil and 20 rounds between reloads.

As for ammo, rumors keep going around that other manufacturers are going to produce the 5.7x28 but so far only two that I know of. As for price, a 2000 round case of the stuff was available on sale for under $725. For some reason the price skyrocketed to just under $900!!! Of course, some good .223 is about the same price, and many specialty rounds even more.

Last edited:

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have seen ammo range from 20.00-35.00 per box of 50. I have a PS90 that shoots the same rounds so I am always looking.

In all honestly I just saw about 50 boxes go at 15.00 each... local gun auction. I got on a few boxes but, really went just to see how it worked (new been to an auction).

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Welcome to an elite club my friend.

I love mine but I only have about 200 rounds through it, and I've got a case on backorder, so I'm waiting patiently.

I'm not a big fan of the non-lead type of ammo, as it's even more expensive, but beggars can't be choosey.

When I visited by brother in-law, we placed a 1 liter bottle back 100 yards, and the show off hit it the first shot, blasting water and bottle everywhere. It looked like a 223 hitting it.

The look on my brother in-laws face was priceless, like he couldn't believe he hit it, and he couldn't believe he hit it that far back.

I picked up a couple of extra mags, and now I'm waiting for Fobus to make mag holders for it. :)

It is a really cool gun to have, and I think it has changed my mind what will be my SHTF gun. It's like carrying a rifle in a handgun, with plenty of firepower.

I still don't think I'll CCW it. Too much..........power for small spaces.

Not going to give it up though. :yesway:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I got my swimmin' trunks and my flipfloppies....

I had my Five-seveN out last week and was reminded how much fun it is to shoot. Amazingly accurate at 25 yards, and capable of further, very little recoil and 20 rounds between reloads.

As for ammo, rumors keep going around that other manufacturers are going to produce the 5.7x28 but so far only two that I know of. As for price, a 2000 round case of the stuff was available on sail for under $725. For some reason the price skyrocketed to just under $900!!! Of course, some good .223 is about the same price, and many specialty rounds even more.

You on a boat?

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    LOL.. wow.. Quite the reaction. I'll try to get some video when I take it to the range. Hopefully I can talk someone into going with me! I've never had much luck recording there by myself...

I'm really curious to see what happens with ammo prices here... they need to start dropping again. It's getting crazy to even go target shoot anymore :(

Top Bottom