• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • micheljns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I ordered a FN 5.7 X 28 pistol and called my lgs and said he would have it in a week! Then I seen people are asking $2-3,000 for them? Why would any one pay double or triple the price of a new one when there still making them? I guess people have a lot more $$ than me

Lowrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Valpo
    Maybe I misunderstood your post, but If you ordered a FN Five Seven and get it in a week you should go buy a lottery ticket and tell me where you ordered the gun from! I've been on list at local store for two months. I've seen one come in in the last month+. Ammo is starting to surface locally but you have to buy it when you see it because if you blink it is gone. Good luck getting yours.

Walken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Clark County
    Just getting an M&P in a week would be a good trick. I don't think people are paying $2000+ because they are dumb. They just can't get them any other way.

It's a cool gun, but not something I would even consider given cost of gun and ammo.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    finding something to put in it will be the trick. anywhere from 1-2 bucks a round right now.

rumor is (dunno how much stock i put into this, but logical considering the current climate) FN will no longer produce 5.7 for the civvy market. their ties with world wide governments run MUCH deeper, and richer.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Congrats on the pistol. I love mine to death, but i havent shot it lately. I only had 200 rounds on hand when all the crap went down. Havent seen any since... but with the pile of FsNs that FN sells every year, production should pick back up if this crud blows over.

500 ronds of ss198 sounds awesome, but not for $2 per cartride.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    5.7 ammo is out of control. I've been seriously considering selling my PS90 because of the ammo prices. I picked it up right befor all this stuff happened and have never shot it.

randygun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    any for sale at reasonable prices have 2 five sevens and two ar and about 2000 ammo and 2oo0 brass once you shoot one of these you are hooked

Lowrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Valpo
    Ammo at least starting to show up. At local Show this weekend 5.7 ammo for $38/50 rnds I stood there for 20 minutes talking about a trade and no one touched it, meanwhile bulk packs of 22lr were flying off the table at 7.3 cents/ rnd.

Top Bottom