• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've frequented Tims in Westfield. I actually live closer to Fall Creek now. Fort Ben area. I'll check out Fall Creek Conservation.

I would consider a 5.7 if there were more guns in that caliber. HK was going to make a handgun equivalent to the MP7 similar to FN with the P90 and FiveSeven, but they abandoned it. Maybe they saw the limited success of the 5.7 and thought it best not to risk it.

Indy Arms should easy for you get to as well. Pretty much a straight shot down 56th.

I like the range at Indy Arms, but the membership prices are just too much. I’m much happier out at Fall Creek.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Indy Arms should easy for you get to as well. Pretty much a straight shot down 56th.

I like the range at Indy Arms, but the membership prices are just too much. I’m much happier out at Fall Creek.

I have been to Indy Arms once, but I didn't look into their membership prices. I'll have to get out to Fall Creek to check it out.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Had a great time with my Five seveN at Victory Range and Armory on Indiana 3 just north of the exit with I-70. They have no problem with it on their pistol ranges.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So kind an off the wall question.

Why can't you use it for competition? It makes power factor.:dunno:

As long as it fits the rules, no reason you couldn’t use it. It’s not a can’t as far as I know, just that most competitors wouldn’t.

For example: You are just spending CZ Shadow 2 money on the gun and paying noticeably higher prices on ammo that 9mm. The cheapest I’m seeing 5.7x28 ammo is .37/rd.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    So kind an off the wall question.

Why can't you use it for competition? It makes power factor.:dunno:

Yeah to go back on my first quote, I'm not saying that competitors aren't using it, but when I was selling them the people buying them were not comp shooting. It was more of a novelty for them to own it, than an actual practical application. Which is fine, I have guns for the novelty too, but I've just never known anyone to use them for comp shooting.

Probably for those exact reasons ^^

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yeah to go back on my first quote, I'm not saying that competitors aren't using it, but when I was selling them the people buying them were not comp shooting. It was more of a novelty for them to own it, than an actual practical application. Which is fine, I have guns for the novelty too, but I've just never known anyone to use them for comp shooting.

Probably for those exact reasons ^^

I do have to admit that after buying the PS-90, I did buy the Five-seveN as a novelty pistol and not something I would normally use for protection. I have fired the heck out of mine and have to admit it is a great shooter.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I do have to admit that after buying the PS-90, I did buy the Five-seveN as a novelty pistol and not something I would normally use for protection. I have fired the heck out of mine and have to admit it is a great shooter.

I've heard that they shoot well. Never heard a complaint about function, just complaints about the ammo prices, and price of the actual gun. I mean I used to sell them at $1,400 and they would sell regularly. We couldn't hold onto them.
    I am curious though, are there other pistols that shoot the 5.7? I would be more interested if some other companies made 5.7 guns.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I've frequented Tims in Westfield. I actually live closer to Fall Creek now. Fort Ben area. I'll check out Fall Creek Conservation.

I would consider a 5.7 if there were more guns in that caliber. HK was going to make a handgun equivalent to the MP7 similar to FN with the P90 and FiveSeven, but they abandoned it. Maybe they saw the limited success of the 5.7 and thought it best not to risk it.

IIRC, both were for military solicitation for a PDW for vehicle crews not on the front line. Something that was handy, not bulky (to carry in tanks, APCs, etc), with better AP characteristics than existing pistol calibers without stepping up to 5.56/M4. Essentially a compact, light-AP submachine gun. Nether saw much success there so FN tried to recoup some losses on the civ market and HK said F civs like usual lol.

Burchamj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2019
    Bloomington
    I've always like the thought of an FN 5.7. They seem like really good shooters, they have the FN name so I would say they would also be pretty reliable, and the 5.7x28 just looks like a kickass round. Gotta say though, I saw one in a gun store and asked to see it, and it did not feel good in the hands. I dunno what it is, but it just felt so cheap for the 1300 your putting down for it. That kinda killed the hype that I had for it, but that wouldn't stop me from buying one if I found it for the right price. Maybe one day I'll own one, but that day probably won't be any time soon.

Top Bottom