• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    My buddy and I are looking into the FN Five Seven and liking it more and more. I'm wondering if anyone around here has one and if they like it. If I end up liking the pistol and making the purchase I plan on building the Five Seven AR to go along with it.

Why are they so expensive? Are they worth it?

Thanks for your input:ar15:

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    I like mine but don't shoot it often because of the cost of ammo. Its a fairly large frame gun for such a small round though. What do you plan to use it for?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have an FN Five-seveN and really like it. Having 20 rounds in a large yet very light pistol is nice. People complain about the 5.7x28 being worthless, but I have yet to find anyone who is willing to sign the papers and become a test dummy!

As for price, being FNH is probably the number one reason. I am sure the "value" of the dollar vs their currency is probably a reason, but the pistol design shows some great engineering. Yes some will complain about the amount of plastic, but as a small person, weight of the firearm is more important than how much metal is in it. Not to mention that current plastics are stronger than some metals.

Accuracy is very good, and follow up shots are great since the pistol has very little recoil.

For what it's worth, of all places Gander Mountain in Castleton had one as of yesterday, used for $850 which is the cheapest I have seen one. The tag showed 3 mags, which is the correct amount as delivered from the factory. Didn't notice if it had the adjustable sights or not.

Glock32j

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Danville IN
    Look on the brady bill website, thats what sold me on one. My dad, uncle and myself bought ours about 6 yrs ago when prices on ammo was 30 bucks. Cheaper than dirt has ammo for 22 bucks thats pretty good deal.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Honestly Kel-Tec is going to be producing a 30 round .22 mag pistol. I think the FN are not near worth the price, nor the price of ammo. As a previous poster said, noone has signed up to be a test dummy. I think that goes for any round. My :twocents:

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    Heavily considering picking one up, really like this piece. It is a little of a large frame for the caliber, as stated before. I just really like the fit and feel of this weapon. My concern is if this caliber stays just a FNH exclusive and does not end up with a large following ammo could end up being even more expensive. Still IMHO very nice piece that could wind up being hard to get a hold of.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Honestly Kel-Tec is going to be producing a 30 round .22 mag pistol. I think the FN are not near worth the price, nor the price of ammo. As a previous poster said, noone has signed up to be a test dummy. I think that goes for any round. My :twocents:

This is what I am thinking, plus aren't they both .224 and have very similar ballistics?

M107

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Noblesville
    My brother and I both have one and really like them. I read that someone like Federal was going to be making ammo so maybe the more popular the round becomes the cheeper it will get.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    I have both the FiveseveN pistol and ps90 carbine. Pistol is a great shooter, ammo IS a little pricey but Elite Ammo on the 5.7 forum offers
    Hi-perfomance ammo. anyone who compares this round to a 22 mag. hasn't shot the 5.7. The 40Gr. V-max is a great round. Don't (IMHO)
    bother with the 27gn lead free round.

Note The AP ammo the media is upset about is NOT availible to civies.

Mike

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I have had one for about 2 years now. Do I like it yes. Do I shoot it much no.

I think it's a great firearm but I really end up having limited use for it. It's too big to carry but it's a great gun to take to the range and shoot. I can hit the target at 50 yrds and I can't do that consistently with any other handgun I own. Recall is about that of 22lr. Most of the time I go to the range I end up shooting my Glock or my 1911, I rarely take out with me since the initial novelty has worn off. BUT I like it and I don't think I am ever selling it.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The 5.7 is boring. The thing is accurate and has little recoil in the gun. kinda big, but not bad for a rang gun.

If you reload, I have 400ish once fired empty cases.....

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    5.7and.22Mag2.jpg

Top Bottom