• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Looking at both and can't really see a difference. Is there a difference? I'm talking about new guns. FN does'nt list a price on it's website and the Brownings are right at 1000$.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not much difference, no...

FN makes the Browning brand HPs anyhow.

Browning long-guns are made in Miroku, Japan

Browning handguns are made by FN in probably 3-4 different places.

Buy whichever one makes you happiest in pants.

-J-

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    There haven't been any new FN's in awhile, companies were blowing them out for pretty cheap several years ago. As a previous poster said the Brownings are produced by FN with the biggest difference being basically the markings and finish. No way would I pay 1000.00 for either one though, definately shop around you shouldn't have to pay that much. I saw a couple nice used ones at the last 1500 for between 5-600.00.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The FN marked ones exploded in price after FNMI stopped importing, they're the same as the Browning marked. 5 or 6 years ago the FN's were being closed out at around $300. I wish I had bought up several. The Browning are around $700-800.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    FN makes the Browning. There is no functional difference. The only real differences are cosmetic. As a BHP owner, I would not hesitate to buy a FN, but I wouldn't spend a grand for one.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I bought a Browning model (made by FN) earlier this year... mainly because i wanting a highpower after i got shot by one during my first tour in Iraq (3 rounds left side of my chest right under my left arm) we didnt have the side plates at the time so i broke a few ribs..... after that kinda had a connection with the firearm and had to pick up one... ive shot a few (1 maybe 2) highpower clones forget what country makes them there nothing like the browning or FN's... bought mine at spring gunshow in munice used in 9mm for $700 a deal i couldnt pass up think its a 90's production model... even for the 9mm mak guy i am that highpower is my baby

Top Bottom