• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    By all accounts the FNPs are good solid guns, but they don't seem to be real popular, even among FN fanboys.

FNM0003mb.png

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The FNP-45 USG Military with night sights, threaded barrel and embedded mini red-dot looks interesting. I shudder to even think about what the price point will be, though...

fnh_fnp_variant_370_tgf.jpg

fnh_fnp_variant_fire_535_tgf.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    for a polymer framed gun, in a popular caliber, with all the top notch safety fetures, and the ability to fire it in single action.... me thinks it would be a pretty nice one, and probably will be over another glock.... i really like them as well, although i think i might have to remove some plastic from the grip to get a higher grip.... just doesnt feel like i can hold it as high as my glocks

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I have a FNP-9 that the wife and I both enjoy shooting. We've put at least 500 rounds through it without the first problem. It quite accurate too.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I have had two FNP9s. Bought them from CDNN several years ago for $279. Great shooting guns. Never an issue. Kinda plain looking but definitely a solid reliable weapon. I've since sold them because they are going for over $400 now. Wish I would have kept one, but I'm pretty partial to SW M and Ps. Of course I did just buy a SigSauer SP 2022 because they are going for $439 delivered with night sights from Buds. Haven't gotten it yet. Kinda reminds me of the FNP9 look.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well as of now I have a 92FS. I want another 9mm. I like the Xd's, as I have a .40. I also like the M&P's. I picked up the FN, and feel in love though. Thanks for the opinions!

exile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    The rear cocking serrations will eat up your hands

The ambi decocker will dig into your hands

The mags have been known to have a problem feeding WWB

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I think I will list the FN forty-nine that I recently traded for. It looks a lot like the picture at the top of this thread. I'm gonna see what kind of trades are out there. It's similar in weight to the same size Glock.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    The rear cocking serrations will eat up your hands

The ambi decocker will dig into your hands

The mags have been known to have a problem feeding WWB

Feels great in my hand and the wife and 13 yr. old haven't had any problems ether. I've ran lots of WWB through it and have never had a feed problem.

BuckGem

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    I love my Five-seveN. While not my only pistol, 20 + 1 is nice to have. There are those who love it and those who hate it and not much in the middle. Most who hate it or talk bad about it have never owned one, just read about it and became experts.

Last edited:

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I own a a FNP .45 and love it, plus find another handgun that will hold 15 + 1 rounds of 45, and still have a excellent grip. The .40 and 9mm are also great models and FN's customer service has been great so far.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've not shot an FNP in any caliber.

I HAVE shot a FN5.7... Neat pistol. Glad I didn't pay for it. Chunky grip, though.

I've shot a HighPower or two, too.

FN is an extremely competent arms-manufacturer. I'd have no problem owning or shooting anything that's actually made by them.

-J-

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I like my FNP 9mm a lot. It is very accurate as far as handguns go. Recoil is almost nonexisitent. Have not had any problems with it and the grip feels awesome. The only thing I can't explain is why I didn't buy one before the first of this year. Mine is earth brown lower and black slide. I wanted a polymer "plastic" gun that had an exposed hammer. This was one of the only ones that fit that bill that did not look hideous.

Radtgaeb

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    I, personally, would love to get a Five seveN. However, anything FN is currently out of my price range.

Top Bottom