• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Wow! I would have thought this would have been a Five Seven vs 57 sort of thing. Not this.

That exactly what I expected to come in here and see. It boggles my mind that a naming convention would be the thing that they decided to make an issue about, especially with all the new releases out there right now related to their namesake cartridge. It's like they were butthurt about other companies making money off of their round so they sat down with some lawyers and engineers and couldn't identify an actual patent infringement related to design, so they decided to make an issue about an acronym instead. Stupid and childish, IMO.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    W

Why do you say that?
    It was a thing a while back. Some region where champagne originated from and named the same, tried to sue everyone for calling their sparkling wine Champagne. The big quote for their case was "it can't be called champagne unless it comes from the champagne region". Like European wine drinkers needed to provided more evidence of their wine snobbery. :-)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It was a thing a while back. Some region where champagne originated from and named the same, tried to sue everyone for calling their sparkling wine Champagne. The big quote for their case was "it can't be called champagne unless it comes from the champagne region". Like European wine drinkers needed to provided more evidence of their wine snobbery. :-)
    Thank you.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    SCAR's are big ugly plastic rifles, with Ugg boots for a butt...SFAR are neat looking, and handling AR platform rifles, I'd love to have a SFAR.... a SCAR?.....ugg no!!

Top Bottom