• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I'm in the market for a 9mm pistol. I was looking at some of my LGS's and picked it up first, seen everything, and came back to it. I was looking at the Glock, but now can't justify spending another $100 on it after looking at the FNP 9. I'm planning on buying soon so I'm looking at all options, I just keep comparing everything with a Glock, and this seems to be very close.Have any of you pistol shooters out there shot or had any experience with this gun.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I've got an fnp9 that I love it. It's been reliable with 0 malfunction thus far. The DA is smooth and the SA is great. I like the external hammer myself, the decocker is a nice feature. I enjoy shooting mine very much and have no issues trustIng it to work every time. Even tho it is full size it conceals good for me in a Galco king tuk. If you decide to get it and are looking for holsters it fits in most Springfield xd holsters which gives you many more options. Glocks are nice but I wouldn't trade my FNP for one.

Also, I'm not sure if they still have them but Bradis was selling the FNP with 2 extra mags. 3 10 rd and 2 16rd

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have a FNP9 and the more I shoot it the more I like it. Im not a big fan of decockers but it does not distract from the gun. The double action is nice and smooth, comparable to my Sig P226. I have not carried it but would not hesitate to do so if I ever give jp my Glock.

It is an outstanding value for the quality you are getting.

In short you cant go wrong with a FNP9.

Last edited:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Excellent pistol. I use one for an EDC.

I've probably got at least a thousand rounds through mine with zero FTF or FTE.

Why get a Glock when you can have an FNP?!?! ;-)

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Went back today and looked at it again, I'm going to get it but I'm torn between the stainless or the black matte.
    fnp-9_da_sa_matte_black_stainless_handgun.png

fnhfnp9sts.png

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I went stainless.

Durable.
    Doesn't show holster wear as much.
    Easy to clean and maintain.

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    My FNP-9 has become my go to gun for IDPA. Handles well, zero failures with about 2000 rounds thru it. I got the FNP shooters kit with Bladetech holster, dual mag pouch and safety barrel. Double action is smooth and predictable. So I can stage the trigger as I present to target. I feel better with the DA/SA in the holster. I was at a mach and a Glock guy caught his shirttail as he holstered and Lit one off. Lucky guy, no blood but plenty of brown stuff.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I know they're kinda new to the market, not a ton of accessories for them(not that you need much more at all)but that's the only bad thing thing I can think of. Everyone that has one swears by them and I'm getting the pistol NIB, and 4 mags, 2 10's, and 2 15's for $430 which was just outside my initial budget but I'm glad I didnt say only $300 or $350 cuz I would be getting alot less reliability and quality. Now just to decide on the slide finish.:dunno:

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I know they're kinda new to the market, not a ton of accessories for them(not that you need much more at all)but that's the only bad thing thing I can think of. Everyone that has one swears by them and I'm getting the pistol NIB, and 4 mags, 2 10's, and 2 15's for $430 which was just outside my initial budget but I'm glad I didnt say only $300 or $350 cuz I would be getting alot less reliability and quality. Now just to decide on the slide finish.:dunno:

15rd mag? Are you sure your not looking at the fnp9m. Fnp9 comes with 16rd mags fnp9m comes with 15rd. Pictured is the FNP the FNP-m is compact

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    15rd mag? Are you sure your not looking at the fnp9m. Fnp9 comes with 16rd mags fnp9m comes with 15rd. Pictured is the FNP the FNP-m is compact
    Ya you're right I was looking at the full size with the 16 rd not the 15.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

You're getting a good deal.

Let me know where you found it (after you buy of course... don't want to take one from under you.)

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Columbus Pawn is where I found them. They have about 4 black matte finish and 3 in the stainless in 9mm, they also have a few in .40. They also have quite a few guns there, my mom works there in the post office. So I see alot of guns come and go, I thought what better time than now to get a pistol. And to be 100% truthful they are $439 not $430, they come with 2 10 rd mags and a 16 for free the 4th is only like $5 though. So $445 for everything plus tax. Sorry I was rounding down, kinda makes it sound cheaper in my mind. They also have a bad a$$ FN FNAR you should check out while you're there.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Got it this morning!

Here it is in all it's glory:rockwoot:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm iching to go shoot it this weekend, or right now. What ammo shoots the best for the range and for HD?

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    115gr FMJ or 124gr +p FMJ for range use. I've had good results with winchester white box (walmart) and federal american eagle.

Defense round opinions vary - golden saber, federal hydrashock, cor-bon, hornady critical defense... just make sure it's JHP. And make sure you try some out after your range session to see how it differs from your practice ammo.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    ONE of these days I'll get to shoot an FNP...

And an FNX.

And a new FNS.

I've owned DA/SA platforms in the past: Not mu cuppa these days; at least not in my carry platform. And I RARELY, if ever, read anything negative about them.

-J-

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    It's somewhat new to me as well(DA/SA), but I took it to my work to show it off( no rules, all gun guys) and popped off a few mags. Freakin' awesome I love this thing. Fits well in my hand, not alot of recoil, just very pleased so far. Forgive my lack of pistol part knowledge but when you take of the slide there's a pin with a spiral that holds the barrel in, anyway, heard there's a laser that is made for military only that replaces the pin, anyone heard of this? If not available soon to civilians, a nite lite and some fiber optics will be the next upgrade. I'm as happy as a fat kid with a candy bar. LOL.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It's somewhat new to me as well(DA/SA), but I took it to my work to show it off( no rules, all gun guys) and popped off a few mags. Freakin' awesome I love this thing. Fits well in my hand, not alot of recoil, just very pleased so far. Forgive my lack of pistol part knowledge but when you take of the slide there's a pin with a spiral that holds the barrel in, anyway, heard there's a laser that is made for military only that replaces the pin, anyone heard of this? If not available soon to civilians, a nite lite and some fiber optics will be the next upgrade. I'm as happy as a fat kid with a candy bar. LOL.

I think you are talking about the recoil rod, or guide rod. And yes there is a laser made just like that. Its not just for the military you can buy them freely from Lasermax.

Lasermax Internal Guide Rod Laser Sight Systems

Top Bottom