• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I know a lot of people like to stay with 1 specific brand to increase muscle memory Ect. But I think that a couple different firearms is FUN, and increases your flexibility, Not that jumping from M&P to Glock will get you much but from a firearm with a safety and different controls, Ect. would make you a more rounded shooter,

Also I don't like "not liking" something out of ignorance, I've been know to buy something to try it for a year Just to see what all the hype is about. I'm not rich but I am a planner and schemer, I'll find a niche and exploit it.

I say if it's mechanically sound, and you shoot well with it, Go for it. (highpoints excluded) just don't jump on the soapbox and castrate someone for liking another brand

not me. I'm a realist - if it works and works well that's how I'll call it. If the other way, you'll hear that too.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We have been selling the heck out of them since they came out. Being FULLY ambidextrous is rare and makes for some great training and skill options. I like the way it fits my hand much better than the Glocks, and the option to have the same gun with or without a hammer makes for even more choice. They come with 3 mags, a nice case, and additional back straps. I carry the FNX .45 Tactical for fugitive recovery and can't say enough good things about it or the FNS/FNX line. They are a US made product.

One other thing... they we the only company that didn't have a supply hiccup after Sandy Hook. We kept our shelves stocked with them and they sold left and right. I have not heard one single complaint. :twocents:

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    We have been selling the heck out of them since they came out. Being FULLY ambidextrous is rare and makes for some great training and skill options. I like the way it fits my hand much better than the Glocks, and the option to have the same gun with or without a hammer makes for even more choice. They come with 3 mags, a nice case, and additional back straps. I carry the FNX .45 Tactical for fugitive recovery and can't say enough good things about it or the FNS/FNX line. They are a US made product.

One other thing... they we the only company that didn't have a supply hiccup after Sandy Hook. We kept our shelves stocked with them and they sold left and right. I have not heard one single complaint. :twocents:

Yep. I was just telling my wife today that the FNH population might increase in the household in the future. I'm not seeing any downsides.

Btw, is there any way to make the FNX a decocker only, as compared to a safety/decocker, like some of the PX4s?

legalninja3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    Wow, this thread is timely. Ever since Randy showed me one when I was looking to get a feel for the M&P a few weeks ago, I've been intrigued and have watched a lot of videos I found on Youtube. Most have been favorable, but I think Yankee Marshal put one out about why he was selling his (personal preference, not reliability concerns). Nutnfancy put one out a few years ago and there are numerous from less (in)famous Youtubers. Anyway, I'm looking to replace my G27 (EDC) and XD 40 (home backup) with two pistols from the same manufacturer in 9mm so my spouse and child can shoot accurately, without trepidation from the recoil, if they need to protect themselves when I'm not home. The G19 and P30 were at the top of my list, and the G19 still is, but now the FNS/X-9 is in second place due to competitive pricing with the G19 and because it seems like a poor man's H&K USP (which is my lust-gun) for around half the price. If price weren't a factor, I'd get two P30Ls and be done with my search, but would add an FN to compare for a few years. Next step for me is to find a place to shoot all three that hasn't trashed them out.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Wow, this thread is timely. Ever since Randy showed me one when I was looking to get a feel for the M&P a few weeks ago, I've been intrigued and have watched a lot of videos I found on Youtube. Most have been favorable, but I think Yankee Marshal put one out about why he was selling his (personal preference, not reliability concerns). Nutnfancy put one out a few years ago and there are numerous from less (in)famous Youtubers. Anyway, I'm looking to replace my G27 (EDC) and XD 40 (home backup) with two pistols from the same manufacturer in 9mm so my spouse and child can shoot accurately, without trepidation from the recoil, if they need to protect themselves when I'm not home. The G19 and P30 were at the top of my list, and the G19 still is, but now the FNS/X-9 is in second place due to competitive pricing with the G19 and because it seems like a poor man's H&K USP (which is my lust-gun) for around half the price. If price weren't a factor, I'd get two P30Ls and be done with my search, but would add an FN to compare for a few years. Next step for me is to find a place to shoot all three that hasn't trashed them out.

See, I saw some of those vids on the FNP and FNX models - but very few on the FNS. PERSONALLY I feel striker-fired is the way to go for me, and the FNS is a game-changer for this Glock fan... :)

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    i like the feel of them after messing with them at the local areas and im a major fn fan but i don't think they will ever out sell glock no way, personally i dont think its a game changer but i do like them very much and im kinda a hipster i guess since i go for stuff that isn't really mainstream so i kinda get a kick out of the "whats that" at the range i will probably purchase one in a few years.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    FN fan here, I daily carry a FNP-40......yes, FNP. probably had it close to 10 years. Features that I have come to love.......de-cocker, visual and manual(by feel) chambered round indicator, double action with a hammer spur, sold with 3 mags, price(I gave 329 for mine back then), ease of takedown, and on a solid surface it lays grip elevated with 7 PP rounnds in mag and 1 chambered. I also have a FNP-45, but I missed out on filling the set and do not have a FNP-9. I do not intend to ever fire the 45, it's for the collection only.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Here is mine with a TLR3.

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      112.1 KB · Views: 3

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I saw a comment recently, I think it was on an FN video I watched, that if Glock/Sig/HK could get together and have a child, the FNS/FNX would be the offspring. If you think about it, the FNS/FNX *does* combine quite a few desirable factors from each of those makers. I'm having trouble justifying one, as it doesn't do anything my G19/G23 doesn't already do really well... but I'm still really, really intrigued. I suspect that at some point, when I get the itch to try something different (I think we all know that "itch" I'm talking about), the FNS or FNX is going to be near or at the top of my list.

FWIW, I also saw the "yankee marshal" video on why he's selling his. Maybe it's just me, but I have trouble taking some of what he says very seriously due to his overuse of juvenile humor. And this, coming from me... the oldest "juvenile" you're likely to ever meet. :n00b:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Nice guns from what I've seen, wouldn't have problem recommending them to new shooters.

I still with Glock because I know it, I can find accessories for it anywhere I go, and in case of SHTF/TEOTWAWKI... I won't have an issue finding spare parts if I run out of stock.

Nice looking gun though.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Nice guns from what I've seen, wouldn't have problem recommending them to new shooters.

I still with Glock because I know it, I can find accessories for it anywhere I go, and in case of SHTF/TEOTWAWKI... I won't have an issue finding spare parts if I run out of stock.

Nice looking gun though.

The SHTF/TEOTWAWKI thing does work in my mind a bit, admittedly. So my 26 (and I'm thinking future 17) won't be going out of the collection, but, if I'm gonna go practice, and carry, FNS fits my hand better, so...

:ar15:

legalninja3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    I'd like to see how it's holding up after a few thousand rounds. Given that they make the M249 SAW, SCAR, and the barrel on my AR-15 I assume it will be reliable over the duration I usually own a pistol (5yrs or so). As such, I might buy two anyway for my EDC and for a home backup for my spouse and child anyway.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I'd like to see how it's holding up after a few thousand rounds. Given that they make the M249 SAW, SCAR, and the barrel on my AR-15 I assume it will be reliable over the duration I usually own a pistol (5yrs or so). As such, I might buy two anyway for my EDC and for a home backup for my spouse and child anyway.

Don't see an issue from the testing I've read about. This is a link to another thread in another forum where a shooter for FN put one through a 10,000 round in one day test that passed with flying colors. One failure to fully eject!

FNS-9 one day, 10,000 rd. torture test - AR15.COM

THOUGHT I read somewhere else that the French government ran one under a similar test period for 26,000 rounds and gave it a thumbs up, can't find it now.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County

Not thousands of rounds fired in this one, but an abusive test to be sure - passed with flying colors again, and was tested by a die-hard Glock user...

LOCK N LOAD: Fabrique Nationale Hertsal?s (FNH)FNS40 .40 Caliber Handgun - Review

http://youtu.be/UxD0iQdg9to

STILL trying to find something I don't like about this thing....

WAIT! I FOUND SOMETHING!

I don't like the flat backstrap they include. Went back to the curved. :n00b:

Last edited:

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I have an FNP-9 and an FNS-9. Two guns in my collection that will never be sold or traded! These are my go-to guns!

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    The Brother in law just picked up a FNS-9 and brought it over to the house the other night.
    Seems like a nice pistol. I'm more of a 1911 guy, but it fit my hand well, and I liked the sights on it.
    Didn't care for the ambi mag release button, but will reserve final judgment untill I've had a chance to shoot it.

Top Bottom