FNH FNS or FNX? Why would you pick one over the other?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dargo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    S. IN
    I know there loads of threads about one gun over another. I honestly tried to see if there was a thread comparing these two. I know the FNX is hammer fired and the FNS is striker fired. Other than that, they seem the same to me. I know you get a second strike on a cartridge that by chance doesn't fire with the FNX, but I happen to have two brand new FN factory mags for the FNS sitting in my safe.

So, with that information, which would you purchase? I miss the FN pistol I had and plan to buy another. Now I just can't decide between the FNS or the FNX! Help me spend my money! :-)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have had this same debate in my head. I think for SD purposes I would go FNS. I currently own an FNX in .45, so for me I would like to try one of their striker fired pistols in 9mm.
    It may become my EDC.
    I will be on the hunt for one at the upcoming 1500.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Since you already have two extra mags for the FN-S I would say the FN-S would be the easiest decision. Plus if you like it then you can have an excuse to get the FN-X! Happy hunting and :welcome: to :ingo:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    FNS. The grip is a bit smaller (feels better/more comfortable) and the trigger pull is better than the FNX, as well as being consistent for every shot. Both come with night sights (or not), 3 mags and multiple backstraps. FNH is about to bust out with a consumer promotion on these (better than just a free Safariland holster), so I'd hold off purchasing for a bit.

Dargo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    S. IN
    FNS. The grip is a bit smaller (feels better/more comfortable) and the trigger pull is better than the FNX, as well as being consistent for every shot. Both come with night sights (or not), 3 mags and multiple backstraps. FNH is about to bust out with a consumer promotion on these (better than just a free Safariland holster), so I'd hold off purchasing for a bit.

Any idea what kind of promotion and how far off it may be? I have more time than money. :-)

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well, cool! I see that Reds has them with night sights for under $500 shipped. Is that about the best price?

That's a good price. Is that with night sights?

:)::laugh::lmfao::lol2::rofl::laugh6::abused:waaa

jiFfM.jpg

Last edited:

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I've been curious about these for a while and have been watching them on gunbroker.com. They go quite often new in the $425 +shipping range. I finally was able to pick up a FNX-9 last week used like new in box shipped for $420.00. Should have it in hand by the end of the week...

Dargo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    S. IN
    I'd much rather have striker fired. FNS. (for carry)

I went ahead an bought the FNX because I, literally, have close to a dozen other 9mm striker fired pistols. I like the 'double strike' capability the FNX offers if you have run across hard primer or something. There again, I honestly cannot recall having any of my Glocks, S&W or Ruger striker fired pistols fail to fire since I only use good factory ammo...

Last edited:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I have the FNX40 with TLR-3 that is my home night gun. Quality, fit and finish are outstanding. Price point is excellent and getting 3 mags is a bonus. I have been wanting to get a FNS series but they don't offer the FNS in 45. The FNS long slide look intriguing though.

fnx40a.jpg

destokes71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Hanover
    I have the FNX 9. It is the most accurate pistol out of the box I have ever owned. I would like to have the FNS 9 or FNX 45 next.

Top Bottom