• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Anyone own or tried an FNP or FNX pistol? The FNX supposedly improves upon the already good FNP. It appears there are a couple minor issues with the FNX (mag latch and backstrap attachment) that make a choice between the two not clear cut. Anybody actually have an FNX mag fail to latch and fall out?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I own two FNP's, a matte stainless 9mm and a matte black .40 USG model. I have shot the a FNX 9mm and I could tell no difference between the FNP and FNX. I have put 550 rounds through my 9mm and close to 400 through my .40. I have not had any failures with either one no matter what ammo I have ran through them. In my honest opinion unless you are dead set on the FNX I would save some money and get the FNP. I prefer how the back straps are attached on the FNP compared to the FNX. Some have reported problems with the back straps on the FNX moving over time. I also prefer the mag latches on the FNP mags. Some have reported problems seating mags on the FNX. They changed the location and design of the latches on the mags. I have also read about problems with the FNX's mag springs weakening if kept fully loaded for a long period of time. I have no experience with any of the stated malfunctions it's only what I have read.

Check out the FN forum.
    FN PS90 FN SCAR FN FS2000 FN FiveseveN 5.7x28mm FNP :: FN Forum.NET

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    I was recently in the same boat as you...ended up getting the FNX-9 a few weeks ago, and it has been flawless thus far. I've only put around 150 rounds so far (a mix of brass, steel, FMJ, JHP, 115/124/147) and no hiccups yet. None of the three mags had any issues latching, even if I gently pushed it in. The flat backstraps had a little movement, but the rounded ones were tight. Since the rounded ones fit my hands better it was a non-issue.

Ultimately, I went with the FNX over the FNP for the extra capacity and I liked the way it looks just a tiny bit more. For me, it was worth the $70 extra. But either way you can't go wrong!

Top Bottom