• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I Went up to Bradis the other day and made the mistake of handling an FNS-9 two tone with night sights. And I gotta say I really liked it. As some of you may know I had an FNX-9 for a short time but I just never really liked the mushy SA trigger or the long clunky (I thought) DA. The FNS had a light crisp consistant trigger. I guess that should be expected from a striker fired gun though. I always felt the FNX was fat feeling and hard to grip well for me. The FNS felt great and natural even with the fattest backstrap installed. Shooter521 told me the FNS frame is just a bit slimmer than the FNX and it really makes a difference in how it felt.

I've been reading up on them for the last few days and it seems to be getting pretty good reviews. I know some of you guys have them so I just wanted to ask you how you are liking them after owning it for a while. I have heard tale of FNH not having the best customer service and even flat-out refusing to warranty defective guns. So if anyone has had any experiance with FNH's CS I would appreciate that info too.

Thanks guys.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I Went up to Bradis the other day and made the mistake of handling an FNS-9 two tone with night sights. And I gotta say I really liked it. As some of you may know I had an FNX-9 for a short time but I just never really liked the mushy SA trigger or the long clunky (I thought) DA. The FNS had a light crisp consistant trigger. I guess that should be expected from a striker fired gun though. I always felt the FNX was fat feeling and hard to grip well for me. The FNS felt great and natural even with the fattest backstrap installed. Shooter521 told me the FNS frame is just a bit slimmer than the FNX and it really makes a difference in how it felt.

I've been reading up on them for the last few days and it seems to be getting pretty good reviews. I know some of you guys have them so I just wanted to ask you how you are liking them after owning it for a while. I have heard tale of FNH not having the best customer service and even flat-out refusing to warranty defective guns. So if anyone has had any experiance with FNH's CS I would appreciate that info too.

Thanks guys.

They are great guns, you won't be disappointed if you buy one, I love mine. My experience with their CS has been very good. I bought one of the early FNP tacticals but it only had one mag as they were behind on mags. They got me the other 2 mags quickly along with a couple shirts and a hat etc for my trouble.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    They are great guns, you won't be disappointed if you buy one, I love mine. My experience with their CS has been very good. I bought one of the early FNP tacticals but it only had one mag as they were behind on mags. They got me the other 2 mags quickly along with a couple shirts and a hat etc for my trouble.

Good to hear. Glad you are liking your FNS. How many rounds do you have through yours? My FNX was insanely accurate, even with the funky trigger, and I really wanted to like the gun but just couldn't for some reason. How is your FNS in the accuracy department?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Good to hear. Glad you are liking your FNS. How many rounds do you have through yours? My FNX was insanely accurate, even with the funky trigger, and I really wanted to like the gun but just couldn't for some reason. How is your FNS in the accuracy department?

It shoots very well, the 9mm does shoot a little better than my .40 though IMO. Accuracy is on par with the M&P's I've had and probably a little better (at least mine were), than the glocks I've had.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    I just recently bought one in 9 and one in 40. I have 300 rounds through the 9 and a hundred through the 40. Both performed flawlessly. I thought they both handled recoil very well and were as accurate as any other gun of their type. They seemed to me to get a little hotter than a Glock (maybe due to the thinner barrel?) during rapid fire. Over-all I am pretty impressed with them. I could see someone accidentally bumping into the mag release button while carrying though, but that is the only negative I have for it so far.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thanks for the info. I do think it is a great pistol but I think I may have gotten a little over excited as I can be prone to do at times.

I have been cleaning out my safe for the last few days and I have come to the conclusion this evening, that I have to many pistol platforms as it is. More so than I could ever effectively train with and maintain. I have decided on this premise alone that I do not need an FNS at this time.

Oh well, I'm glad to hear you guys are having good luck with yours and Thanks again for your time.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have been cleaning out my safe for the last few days and I have come to the conclusion this evening, that I have to many pistol platforms as it is. More so than I could ever effectively train with and maintain. I have decided on this premise alone that I do not need an FNS at this time.

My lost sale, on display for all of INGO to see. :(

That said, I am a BIG believer in consistency across platforms, so I feel ya.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Thanks for the info. I do think it is a great pistol but I think I may have gotten a little over excited as I can be prone to do at times.

Oh well, I'm glad to hear you guys are having good luck with yours and Thanks again for your time.

Never say never, they are coming out with a compact too.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I didn't say never, just not right now.

Maybe after I'm done with my current project, cleaning out the safe and consolidating calibers and platforms, I may look into branching out again.

I do like the feel of the FNS and I would love the chance to shoot one before I jump in head first.

Top Bottom