• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Pittsboro
    This was my first one at this range. Had a fun time and met a lot of nice people. The RO we had was very nice and understanding with the first timers. I've shot steel challenge at other ranges and the routine was similar. Overall was a good time and I'll be back.
    On a side note I heard one of the other shooters went to a restaurant after he was done and someone smashed his window and stole his gun and gear. Anyone else hear about that?

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I've never shot in a competition or been to MCF&G. Is this type of shooting something someone in a wheelchair could participate in? How accessible is MCF&G? I use a manual wheelchair to get around and can deal with grass fine as long as it is level. I work on the NW side of Indy, so MCF&G is on my way home.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I think you would be fine! Are you able to do well on gravel?
    I don't think you would have any trouble finding help if you needed it. Great bunch of guys!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You would not be the first competitor in a manual wheelchair out there; we've had at least one, but maybe more folks in chairs previously. If you're at all worried about it, feel free to come to a match just to watch and check out a few stages. I think stages 1-3 (all out on hard packed grass) will be easy for you, stages 4-5 will be harder, as they're on gravel. We also have a bathroom that we made as wheelchair friendly as possible; I'd be honored to have you come check out the range and give your honest opinion on how accessible we really are. We probably have some room for improvement, but the existing board of directors has done a phenomenal job adding concrete, gravel, etc., to make the place more accessible for people with limited mobility.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    You would not be the first competitor in a manual wheelchair out there; we've had at least one, but maybe more folks in chairs previously. If you're at all worried about it, feel free to come to a match just to watch and check out a few stages. I think stages 1-3 (all out on hard packed grass) will be easy for you, stages 4-5 will be harder, as they're on gravel. We also have a bathroom that we made as wheelchair friendly as possible; I'd be honored to have you come check out the range and give your honest opinion on how accessible we really are. We probably have some room for improvement, but the existing board of directors has done a phenomenal job adding concrete, gravel, etc., to make the place more accessible for people with limited mobility.

I appreciate the invitation and hope to make it out to the next FNS event as a spectator. Making the facility accessible is also very appreciated and I'd be glad to give some feedback. Mobility is something we all take for granted until we are directly affected by the loss of it. I try to enjoy what I can do and not stress about what I can't.

Top Bottom