• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I was looking at the FNS 9 and I like the ergos on it and it just feels good and solid in the hand. Can any current owners weigh in pros and cons? And if anyone uses the FNS for EDC and how comfortable/un-comfortable it may be? Thanks in advance.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    It's on the large side for carry (my opinion), it's similar to a Glock 19 slide on a Glock 17 grip. Overall it's an excellent gun if u can conceal it and feel comfortable with it

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    I was looking at the FNS 9 and I like the ergos on it and it just feels good and solid in the hand. Can any current owners weigh in pros and cons? And if anyone uses the FNS for EDC and how comfortable/un-comfortable it may be? Thanks in advance.

I've had mine for a couple of months now. I have the model with the standard sights and no external safety. For me, the added cost for the night sites was not worth it as I will probably swap them out for something other than 3 dots at some point. So far, I'm a big fan. Fits my hand well, love that it is fully ambidextrous, no failures of any kind to date, and shoots better than I do (that is not saying much..). For me, no cons so far.

I have a kydex holster from KT Mech (OWB) and a Serpa for a G17 that I carry with. Very comfortable to me, but I OC / JFC - don't worry about concealment.

NOTE on the Serpa for the G17: I had to do a little filing where the rails and front sight contacted the holster to get it to fit properly. Not hard to do and I like the results.

Edit to add: Welcome to INGO!

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I've had mine for a couple of months now. I have the model with the standard sights and no external safety. For me, the added cost for the night sites was not worth it as I will probably swap them out for something other than 3 dots at some point. So far, I'm a big fan. Fits my hand well, love that it is fully ambidextrous, no failures of any kind to date, and shoots better than I do (that is not saying much..). For me, no cons so far.

I have a kydex holster from KT Mech (OWB) and a Serpa for a G17 that I carry with. Very comfortable to me, but I OC / JFC - don't worry about concealment.

NOTE on the Serpa for the G17: I had to do a little filing where the rails and front sight contacted the holster to get it to fit properly. Not hard to do and I like the results.

Edit to add: Welcome to INGO!

Thanks I appreciate it. I was looking at either no external safety without the Trijicon night sights. I've called a few local places who only have them with the safety or with Trijicons. I just don't know if it is really worth the extra $$. I'm still stuck between Glock 19 and the FNS.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    Thanks I appreciate it. I was looking at either no external safety without the Trijicon night sights. I've called a few local places who only have them with the safety or with Trijicons. I just don't know if it is really worth the extra $$. I'm still stuck between Glock 19 and the FNS.

Good luck with your decision. I was having the same debate... for me it came down to how it felt in my hand. IMO you can't go wrong either way. If you get the opportunity, shoot them both. If you were around Indy, I could meet you at BGF Range and let you shoot mine...

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    Good luck with your decision. I was having the same debate... for me it came down to how it felt in my hand. IMO you can't go wrong either way. If you get the opportunity, shoot them both. If you were around Indy, I could meet you at BGF Range and let you shoot mine...

Darn. It seems like the large consensus of LGS around here who do have them also have a high mark-up on them. I like that FNH recently dropped the MSRP of the all black models by $100. They seem to get overlooked when it comes to CC. I stopped by Gander Mnt a few weeks ago and was told that all FNS pistols are coming with the Trijicon night sights. They were asking around $700 for their models and if I paid an extra $30 he would extend my factory warranty by 1 year. I also called around and the cheapest price I could find was around $630 which I've found them online with night sights for $540 after FFL transfer fees. I would rather support local business even if it meant spending a little bit extra but I cant justify spending $120 after taxes. I really want it with no external safety but they are hard to come by. But, I could go to 5 LGS in a 10 mile radius and find Glock 19's. So I'm still on the fence, but I like the track record of Glocks. I heard FN has been lacking in their service dept. But I haven't read anything about Glock's customer service.

Top Bottom