• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    I want to try and mount this scope that i got for cheap onto my 10/22. Its parallax at 100 yds. and i plan on that being about the farthest. Shouls i get a mount with any built in moa? or should it be flat......? So much to know.........Thanks

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If you are not planning to shoot it at longer distances than that, you won't need a canted base and flat one will be easier to use. Canted bases are for long range shooting, to give the shooter additional elevation adjustment when their scope would normally bottom out.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Parallax and mount inclination are entirely uncorrelated.

+1
    Also, a scope with its parallax set at 100 yards is less than ideal for most uses for a .22LR.
    You'd be far better off with either using a scope with its parallax set at 50 or 60 yards, or better yet get one with an adjustable objective or better still one with parallax adjustment on the left side of the turret.
    Parallax has a more pronounced effect the closer you get to your target.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Yeah.....OK. Maybe I can do that in the future. I have this scope right now and got it really really cheap. I'm gonna try it. thanks. whats the worst that can happen.........

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Why is turret parallax adjustment better than objective adjustment? Just a matter of convenience?

Yep
    Plus, you can put a bigger sidewheel on some scopes with that ability.
    Of course, nearly always scopes with side focus cost more than those with the more common objective bell focus.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I've had a new Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12 x 42 here I've been planning to put on a Magnum Research .22, but I was thinking of going with something smaller and lighter, instead. Decisions, decisions...

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I've had a new Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12 x 42 here I've been planning to put on a Magnum Research .22, but I was thinking of going with something smaller and lighter, instead. Decisions, decisions...

That's a pretty big scope for a .22LR.
    There are plenty of AO or sidewheel scopes out there that are smaller and better suited to that platform.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Your suggestions welcome :)

This one is confusing because the photo clearly shows an objective bell focus bell scope, but the description claims it's a side focus.
    Hawke Optics | Vantage 4-12x40 Rimfire .22 WMR
    I was intending to jump over to their site and find one of their Varmint line of scopes, since I have their 2.5-10x44mm scope on my deer rifle, but they've apparently discontinued that line.
    :(

Top Bottom