• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    Lesson of the day: Check ingredients lists BEFORE you assume they don't have what you are allergic too. In case anyone is wondering, yeast is used to make rum. Episcopus and rum at a concert -->:40oz: Episcopus and rum after the concert -->:puke:

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    It really sucks. Yeast is in so many foods. Eating a sandwich makes me ill. I had to switch to tortillas. The upside, I guess, is that tortillas are slightly more healthy than white bread.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    So I suppose a good ol' cold beer on a hot day is a no no?:cheers:
    D A M N just kill me now!

Geez dude you have my complete sympathy!

That's gotta suck a big one!

OSOK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It sounds like you have a gluten allergy. They do make "gluten free" beer and sell it at most of the nicer liquor stores here in Indianapolis. Check out the brand names of Red Bridge, New Grist and Dragon's Tale. It comes in a beer bottle, looks like beer, smells like beer, and if you have a yeast, wheat, gluten type allergy, it certainly tastes like beer. You won't drink much of it...the Dragon's Tale (my personal favorite) is $50.00 per case.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I actually have a diagnosed yeast allergy, and only had 4 drinks. I am not hungover at all. Pretty sure it was the yeast, not the liquor ;)

I figured so, I was just messing with you since it sounded funny.:)

I'm actually allergic to something in booze too...Mine isn't bad though. I've actually developed an immunity to it in my favorites(beer and whiskey). All that happens to me though is my face gets a bit red and is hot(sort of like the "asian flush") for the first drink or two, then it goes away. It only happens once in a blue moon though(no pun intended:D).:cool:

I can roll around in poison ivy/oak/sumac all day long, but booze I'm allergic to.:dunno:

Oh yeah and cat dander. Just like the booze, I was allergic to dog dander too, but developed an immunity.

OK, now you know my allergies even though you didn't ask. I hope you sleep better tonight.:):

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It took me a lot of years to finally pin down some of my food allergies. One of my really big monsters is peanut butter. I dearly love it, but it hates me. I have laid off the peanuts and wow do I feel better!

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Food allergies can be a pain. My dad is allergic to all hazelnuts, walnuts, and a bunch of other walnuts - didn't find out until he was 45, and before he figured it out he feared it was a latex allergy (he's in the medical field) so that would have spelled disaster lol...

I'm allergic to everything :( Penicillin, amoxicillin, cephalexin, and about five other antibiotics; cats (real real bad), dogs (not so bad), dust, molds, etc. Luckily I have no true food allergies, but I do have food sensitivities (not an immune response so technically not an allergy) to chocolate, some fruits and vegatables, tomatos and red onions are the worst, which cause massive migraine headaches.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    It sounds like you have a gluten allergy. They do make "gluten free" beer and sell it at most of the nicer liquor stores here in Indianapolis. Check out the brand names of Red Bridge, New Grist and Dragon's Tale. It comes in a beer bottle, looks like beer, smells like beer, and if you have a yeast, wheat, gluten type allergy, it certainly tastes like beer. You won't drink much of it...the Dragon's Tale (my personal favorite) is $50.00 per case.

Sounds similar, but no. I've had the 10 panel allergy test done and it is yeast. If I take something like Claritin everyday, I can eat some bread, or have about 2 beers or glasses of wine. Even with an allergy pill, my nose still gets tingly and itchy when I eat a sandwich or drink a beer.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Lesson of the day: Check ingredients lists BEFORE you assume they don't have what you are allergic too. In case anyone is wondering, yeast is used to make rum. Episcopus and rum at a concert -->:40oz: Episcopus and rum after the concert -->:puke:
    Episcopus, because I'm a nice guy when I'm drinking rum and coke, I'll have an extra one for you. No, no it's ok I don't mind. :cheers:

Top Bottom