• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vietboy1st

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Boston, MAss
    I remember when i came to America i received food stamp for about 8 months then my parents started to make good money then they cut it. But how can you get fat while on food stamp ?:dunno: It's weird most rich people they are not fat but the poor people becomes obese...:laugh:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I remember when i came to America i received food stamp for about 8 months then my parents started to make good money then they cut it. But how can you get fat while on food stamp ?:dunno: It's weird most rich people they are not fat but the poor people becomes obese...:laugh:
    Cheap food is the most unhealthy food there is. Healthy (fresh) food is frigg'n expensive. You ever wonder why you can buy an entire McD's meal for a few bucks but if you went to the store and spent the same money on fresh fruit/veggies, you could only by a few. 1 dollar will buy you a cheese burger or a green pepper...if you had a hungry family and only a few dollars to feed them, which one would you buy?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Oh, and about the 1 in 7 on food stamps....I work in the ghetto, it is about 9 out of 10 I see. I see soo many of the "Hoosier Works" cards. I can tell you that most I have dealt with are NOT Hispanic.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    It was awesome.... and before someone tells me what a horrible person I was, recognize I was 19 or 20.

It was only "horrible" to others because you were working outside the system the government holds up as just and moral: That the productive class has a duty to carry the loads. It is hard for me to say such actions are immoral, when the funds used to buy the food card are 100% money taken, by threat of imprisonment, from others. I have always believed there is a tipping point when this country finally collapses. That tipping point is when welfare living becomes so good, so easy, that able bodied adults choose welfare over working. You will see smart, logic minded folks start making life decisions based on their ability to receive welfare. They will start to engage in the same welfare scams we have seen in the past.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It was only "horrible" to others because you were working outside the system the government holds up as just and moral: That the productive class has a duty to carry the loads. It is hard for me to say such actions are immoral, when the funds used to buy the food card are 100% money taken, by threat of imprisonment, from others. I have always believed there is a tipping point when this country finally collapses. That tipping point is when welfare living becomes so good, so easy, that able bodied adults choose welfare over working. You will see smart, logic minded folks start making life decisions based on their ability to receive welfare. They will start to engage in the same welfare scams we have seen in the past.

Sad to say this, but I don't think we are too far away from that right now.

I will have to do a little searching to find this and will edit this post when I do, but I seem to remember some news articles a year or two ago about how the welfare offices around the country were advertising to get people to apply toward the end of the fiscal year because they still had lots of money left in their budgets to spend and feared that if it wasn't used up, it would be cut.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I know it sucks, I used to buy them for half the value from people :D

OPPS ! you just admitted to a federal violation .
    I am not sure but I think there is not a statute of limitations on fraud .

Of course I believe that your crime would be way low on the list of some bureaucrat that would want to add to his list of victories .

Thanks
    Duncan

khRM.jpg

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I usually have my roommates get on food stamps, cause none of them seem to be able to keep a job and contribute to the house.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Back in the 70's there was a used car dealer on the south side of Indy, that would sell cars for food stamps. Then he'd run them over to the grocery that his brother owned and cash them in, leaving his brother a small donation for assisting in the fraud. They both got sent to jail, and are both now deceased. Food stamps were a huge scam. The food stamp debit cards have gone a long way to curb some of that.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Sounds like something out of Atlas Shrugged...

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    When i was younger my parents went on Food Stamps for awhile, i think six months. The job my dad had wasn't providing enough and he was sinking in debt so he went on them and looked for a better job.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    When i was younger my parents went on Food Stamps for awhile, i think six months. The job my dad had wasn't providing enough and he was sinking in debt so he went on them and looked for a better job.

This is an example of what people on foodstamps SHOULD be. Unfortunately, it has become a lifestyle, not something for people to get by on. On here, we talk a lot about completely getting rid of welfare in this country. While I wouldn't mind that one bit, I would be more than content if the amount of time people were allowed to draw was shortened, and the eligibility requirements were tightened up. I don't think we're ever going to see a day when welfare goes away completely. Too many people are already living off of the hard work of others. :twocents:

Top Bottom