• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm on the fence about buying a foodsaver vacuum sealer. Do any of you guys have one that you use for prepping/food storage? I like the idea of the vacuum seal, but I'm on the fence about how much it'd actually end up getting used. I'd love to hear some suggestions on these and if you have a good reliable model to recommend that's even better.

kycrawler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    i have the cheap seal a meal model from walmart going on 4 years old works fine . Bags are expensive . I use it for everything from food , pocket survival kits for the trucks and hunting packs bulk ammo i reload put 50 rounds in a bag with a note what it is and the date and seal it

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We've got a many years old Kenmore from Sears, (from back when I would actually shop at crappy place). It's worked well for us. It's definitely for more than just prepping. You can use it to save a few bucks on your everyday food bills. Both by buying in bulk and by sealing up stuff for the freezer, so you don't get any freezer burn on it. Lots of stuff can be sealed up. The bags can be expensive if you buy small packages. I buy those in bulk, as well. Use rolls most of the time. That's a savings in itself. You can also use them to marinate meats for a few days before cooking. Makes for some yummy grilling. Or store heat and eat one pouch meals in them. Lots of uses other than prepping.

Last edited:

aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    I will have to say I just got a foodsaver for the economic end of food storage. And the grilling has to be a major factor too!! Bullets Im still out on but there !00s of uses i can see for owning one if you commit to using it !!

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    My wife and I are thinking about using ours to do freeze dried meals from 10lb cans down to 3-4 servings. Then it will be just add water

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I have the adapter for mason jars. I buy in bulk and break it down i smaller portions. the jars canbe a little pricey at first, but, they are reuseable and resealable. Store the filled jars in the box they came in and that helps keep light out and reduse risk of breakage.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I have the adapter for mason jars. I buy in bulk and break it down i smaller portions. the jars canbe a little pricey at first, but, they are reuseable and resealable. Store the filled jars in the box they came in and that helps keep light out and reduse risk of breakage.

I have the jar sealer and I love it.

Top Bottom