• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    As much as I love my 455, I see no reason to get a 455 instead of 457. 457 is improvement across the board relative to 455.

The switch barrel ability necessitated some compromises. For example, the magwell has an insert for .22LR than is removed for 22mag and 17HMR. But more importantly, the bolt's striker is sized and optimized for the rim of the larger cases. Which means it's not ideal for 22LR. Some minor modification/tailoring of this is easily done, and I noticed my incidences of "gee, that one sounded a bit weak" are gone now. A heavier striker spring is often recommended for the 455s as a result too.

So if you don't mind minor tweaks, the 455/7 switch barrel arrangement doesn't cause any problems, and it does make swapping in a nice Lilja upgrade entirely painless (other than the $400!).

That said, the 452/453 is the platform that was the BRNO original and is largely what built the reputation of the rifle. I'd try to find a used 452 if you just want a solid .22lr.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Just before the great 22 LR shortage, I picked up a CZ ultra lux (452). I've never owned the 455 so can't comment on that. But the Ultra Lux is a tremendous amount of fun and perhaps my favorite firearm ever. It's very accurate with some bulk ammo but plastic mag well and expensive mags. I feel this was a great purchase (worth every penny )

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Just before the great 22 LR shortage, I picked up a CZ ultra lux (452). I've never owned the 455 so can't comment on that. But the Ultra Lux is a tremendous amount of fun and perhaps my favorite firearm ever. It's very accurate with some bulk ammo but plastic mag well and expensive mags. I feel this was a great purchase (worth every penny )

DIP makes an aluminum magwell for it. I keep meaning to order one along with an extended mag release, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    We have four CZ rifles . Two 452 scouts and two 452 trainers , one of them is in 17hmr others are all 22lr. They shoot better than any rimfire I've ever had.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom