For all you "old gun" fans....check this out.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    We had Easter lunch at my aunt and uncles house today and got on the topic of mushroom hunting. Well, one of my aunts said she felt better if she had a gun with her when she went and wanted to take my grandmothers, "old gun" out with her.

I didn't think she had any after my grandfather died. She did a raffle and we all ended up with one or two. I couldn't help myself and asked what it was and of course nobody knew....so they went and got it to show me......surprise surprise!!!!

Colt 1903 .32 ACP Type lll

coltpistol.jpg

There were a couple of rounds in the mag and Nannie told me, "If it don't fire, it ain't no good to have." Go figure in typical Colt fashion it was flawless.

Turns out it was my great grandfathers pistol that he kept behind the counter of his hardware store he had in Brookville years and years ago. I'ts not mine yet, I brought it home to give it a proper cleaning and I'll take it back to her, hopefully she just tells me to keep it in my gun safe for safe keeping. :rockwoot:

Anyway, just thought I'd share it with you guys.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    There were a couple of rounds in the mag and Nannie told me, "If it don't fire, it ain't no good to have." Go figure in typical Colt fashion it was flawless.

Turns out it was my great grandfathers pistol that he kept behind the counter of his hardware store he had in Brookville years and years ago. I'ts not mine yet, I brought it home to give it a proper cleaning and I'll take it back to her, hopefully she just tells me to keep it in my gun safe for safe keeping. :rockwoot:

Anyway, just thought I'd share it with you guys.

It would be fun to find out how old the ammo is that is in it, and when the last time it was fired.

Anyway, thanks for sharing that!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Thats pretty awesome. John Dillinger supposedly carried one. That exact gun was the gun he had with him when he was killed I believe, and if not, he pocket carried one frequently. He also had a fancy for .38 super 1911's. That is super cool!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Sweet gun!!!!...but does your aunt use hollow points or fmj's for hunting mushrooms??, and what does one dressed out usually weigh?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Very Very nice, So how did it look when you got it apart to clean it? Did she happen to say when the last time it was serviced?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom