• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone shot both? Glocks are Glocks (safe and reliable choice), and Jack Bauer carried a Sig (who doesn't want to be cool like Jack) but is there any objective basis for choosing one over the other beyond personal preference?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had a P250 SC for a short time.

It was OK.

I've never shot a G26, but I have owned two different G19s and 1 G17...

I'd much rather carry a Glock than a P250.

Spare parts are everywhere, extra mags can be found at "reasonable" prices, holsters for the Glock abound...

Plus the firing system on the Glock is better.

The Sig isn't bad necessarily - I just like the Glock better out of the two.

Given my choice, however, I'd carry an M&P. They're an all around more comfortable firearm to shoot.

-J-

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Given my choice, however, I'd carry an M&P. They're an all around more comfortable firearm to shoot.

-J-

I own an M&P 9 FS. I like it, but it's my first gun and I have no basis for comparison. I'd not carry it though. Too big for my frame. I'd feel like a cartoon character with that thing strapped on. I've considered an M&P compact (or even a Shield) but since I've not yet owned anything but the M&P I'd like to own something else, for comparison.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "frame" has less to do with carrying a full-sized firearm than does proper carrying equipment and clothing...

But - yes - the M&PFS isn't a "small" handgun.

The Shield is smaller than the G26 - but not markedly so. The M&PC is bigger than the subcompact Glocks.

The Shield's trigger is somewhat "Glock-like" - probably more than on their other guns. However - I've not shot any of the newest generation M&P triggers (other than on a Shield).

Trigger feel means a whole lot to some - not a whole lot to others.

Feel of the gun in-hand + size + recoil characteristics are kind of the three main things I look at when wanting a carry gun.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I carried a P250SC 9mm which is 12+1 before I bought my Glock 26. I have installed Ghost +3 base plates on the G26 which makes it 13+1 and I can hit better with the G26 vs. the P250SC, so I sold the P250SC for most of what I had in it and will EDC the G26 when the weather warms up.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I own an M&P 9 FS. I like it, but it's my first gun and I have no basis for comparison. I'd not carry it though. Too big for my frame. I'd feel like a cartoon character with that thing strapped on. I've considered an M&P compact (or even a Shield) but since I've not yet owned anything but the M&P I'd like to own something else, for comparison.

You own the M&P 9 FS?

Then it's a no-brainer. Buy a M&P 9 compact. You're used to the M&P trigger, and you could use the FS mags in the compact.

The M&P 9c is VERY easy to conceal.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    If your looking at the Sig.. . I would wait until the 320 comes out... Striker version of the 250. So you can have all sizes of frames with the same "gun"... I only say that since I can't shoot a glock well at all.

Top Bottom