• ...and so much more!
  • slars1327

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    SPEEDWAY AREA
    Hi all,
    I have 2 friends that have been force transferred to Indy. They still maintain their residence in Illinois and are forced to work here in Indy mon thru Friday.Mention was made that they could apply for a LTCH as a non resident if they showed that they were indeed working in Indy and residence in Illinois. Any one know about this?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Hi all,
    I have 2 friends that have been force transferred to Indy. They still maintain their residence in Illinois and are forced to work here in Indy mon thru Friday.Mention was made that they could apply for a LTCH as a non resident if they showed that they were indeed working in Indy and residence in Illinois. Any one know about this?

Indiana does not do non resident LTCH's. They're best bet would be to take a Utah class and get a Utah permit.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wrong.

You can get a 4 year LTCH if you are a legal resident in another state, and work in indiana. Have them apply to the local PD, show proof, same application process.

PM if you need more help.

This... OR have them work on getting a Utah or Florida non-resident carry permit.

-J-

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Wrong.

You can get a 4 year LTCH if you are a legal resident in another state, and work in indiana. Have them apply to the local PD, show proof, same application process.

PM if you need more help.

Interesting, I don't think I've ever seen it in the codes. Still if you're going to go through the trouble to get a non resident Indiana LTCH(as you say they can) why not get a CFP from Utah that gives you more states?

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    The quickest, easiest & cheapest route to go for you to be able to carry in IN, as an IL resident would be to go here; Centre County Government: Sheriff: License to Carry Firearm Application
    Licensing is all through the mail, no training required, $26/5yrs & will only take a couple of weeks to get (others will take at least a couple of months). If you want to gain some more states after this, get ahold of me & we can arrange for you to take the UT CFP class. You can compare coverage here; Handgunlaw.us, too.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Your friends can get a LTCH in Indiana if they work here and live in another state. A Florida license is a great option as well. Any NRA training course past or present meets the training requirement. Feel free to contact us if you need an NRA trainng course in the Indy area.

Top Bottom