For the Anderson Citizens, I'm running for city council at large.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    My name is Brad Kirby, I'm running for city council at large.

I got my paperwork back today, I'll be on the ballot for the election this fall. I'll be on the Libertarian ticket. I'm looking forward to the debates, I hear they tend to get interesting. I'll answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability. A little about me: I'm 36, widower, father of one boy (four years old), Navy Veteran, Disabled Veteran, and Libertarian. I don't have a college degree but I have a couple of technical schools (from the Navy) and I read, a lot. My late wife was an educator and one class away from her Political Science degree so I often debated politics with her. I keep an open mind and like most reasonable people, my mind is subject to change when new evidence is presented. I'm not exactly "stuck in my ways" as many would expect someone to be.

On a side note, I'm looking for people that will allow me to put sings in their yards. I'm not a well-connected politician so I'm not rich and it may take some time to get a sign up, but I will try to get it done. I do intend to do a neighborhood walk, so I may be coming to your door. If you have a neighborhood to suggest, I would like to hear it.

One thing you won't hear from me are campaign promises. I can't promise everyone a job, I can't promise the roads will be fixed, I can't even promise Anderson a brighter future. What I will promise is that I will try to make things better but I'm no fortune-teller. It is obvious the current administration isn't working so well and they made all sorts of promises. I won't tell you what you want to hear, I'll tell you the truth as I know it and what you need to hear.

Now, I need to go get ready for the parade tonight, I'll be walking with the other Libertarian candidates.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Kudos for taking a step forward and actually attempting to make a difference. Luck to you as well.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I live in Anderson. One question: Where do you stand on the proposed reservoir?

I oppose the construction. It is interesting to note how many people (and friends of these people) sit on the current administration. It will dislocate a lot of low-income households and just turn into a boondoggle. We don't need the extra water and plans for new well-fields are already in place. I can't recall Anderson ever running out of water myself, though I'll admit I haven't researched that thoroughly enough to say we never have. I have read about reservoirs being built in other cities and how often they have cost overruns and how rarely they are built on time. There seems to be a high failure rate for completion as well.

Vote for candidates, not for parties.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I oppose the construction. It is interesting to note how many people (and friends of these people) sit on the current administration. It will dislocate a lot of low-income households and just turn into a boondoggle. We don't need the extra water and plans for new well-fields are already in place. I can't recall Anderson ever running out of water myself, though I'll admit I haven't researched that thoroughly enough to say we never have. I have read about reservoirs being built in other cities and how often they have cost overruns and how rarely they are built on time. There seems to be a high failure rate for completion as well.

Vote for candidates, not for parties.

I was active in local politics until I moved into the boondocks where we don't really have much of an organized thing going on. Your suspicions on any and all public projects should be the first instinct. I have never seen a project come in under budget, and often have seen them become a complete failure. Look into the reservoir dame construction in Dubois county @ Beaver Lake for an absolute debacle of a publicly funded catastrophe. The original plans, builder, science behind it.. hell something was just amiss... and after the new damn was done the water level of the lake was significantly lower then originally anticipated. Not only does this lower the amount of water held in reserves (original reason for public funding) it also meant land holders that once had water front property with docks and boat ramps no linger did. This is still being dealt with and bid on in attempts to make it right. I have no idea where the blame for this falls, but I am sure there is plenty to go around. If you win, keep that suspicious nature about you. Questioning everything makes you better informed. Good luck.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Thanks! I agree whole-heartedly. You can put a sign in my yard if you like. Hope it doesn't say "Bung" or I might have a bunch of hippies who misread it and think I'm promoting something else! lol.
    Send me a private message and I'll give you my address.

Top Bottom