• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Mosins are great firearms in respect to the duration of their service and history, and I believe it is important to keep their history intact. Pretty...but not for me. If I have 1200 bucks to blow, it wont be on a Mosin. I like'em as they are and I have a few to prove it...:)

IMGP0014-1.jpg

IMGP0016.jpg

Yeah.. I know.. one has a ATI stock...but I did buy it that way in a package deal with a Russian SKS, but do have the original furniture and sights to go back on it..:)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I could never dump $1200 in a mosin. Heck you can go get a Czech target mosin for $500.

:D

In the '50s when Sam Cummings was bringing in piles of Mausers people said exactly this about Mausers.:D

Some of the finest target rifles in the world are built on Mosin-Nagant actions.;)

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Custom Mosins? I built so many I ran out of ideas. I have 9 in the safe right now. All built a little different.
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    At the end of the day, it's still that mosin action and kick that keeps bringing us back! Pure, sporterized, or somewhere in between, it's all good for shooting.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And a lot of high dollar rare Mausers where butchered by Sam Cummings and others.

No Sam didn't do that. That was left up to gunsmiths and dealers like Golden State.

People always want to muck around with the guns and make them "special". It's like a dog peeing on a tree and making it his. The dog does not make the tree any better, he is just marking his territory. Same way with gun owners and guns. Little of what they do helps but it marks it as theirs.

Song remains the same.:D

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    No Sam didn't do that. That was left up to gunsmiths and dealers like Golden State.

People always want to muck around with the guns and make them "special". It's like a dog peeing on a tree and making it his. The dog does not make the tree any better, he is just marking his territory. Same way with gun owners and guns. Little of what they do helps but it marks it as theirs.

I agree!

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

Nice analogy Kirk.

Top Bottom