For those of you that think being a cop is sooooo easy....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd like to know what the 3 stripes pointing up and two pointing down means.

Different departments have different ranks, usually borrowed from (or at least based on) Army ranks. Without knowing what department and what time frame, it's impossible to say. *Probably* some type of sergeant, but some places use "master trooper" or the other non-military ranks.

IMPD has three chevrons for sergeant and does not have a corporal rank. The next step is the bar for lieutenant. So, for us, it goes slick sleeve, 3 chevrons, gold bar. ISP has other ranks including corporal and first sergeant.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    With most anything we do that involves people.
    Not all of them but just enough to mess it all up.

I probably have the one job that has a gun pointed at me on a daily basis and I can't worry about it or be offended because I am trying to buy the same gun that's pointed at my chest....It drives BBI nuts when he's down....

"Hey brother...Give the safety lesson AFTER the gun is in my possession and on the books...":laugh::laugh::laugh:

BBI is always trying to keep me from getting shot...He's a good friend that way......:ingo:

Top Bottom