• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I was wondering if anyone will be doing any force on force classes in Indiana in the next couple months? I have never done one but several people have said it was a very eye opening class for them. All info is appreciated

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Check out Shay with Mindset Labs. He runs an outstanding course. You can find him in the INGO advertisers section.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Yes I highly recommend Mindset labs aswell. The training I received with them is fantastic. They have a simulated town built that you get to train in.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    December 1st.

In Intro to Force on Force you will learn better Mindset, tactics and techniques to keep you safer before, during and after the fight.

I run small class sizes and the training is a mix of group and individual exercises. I teach, we practice and then we test what you think you know.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Irish, get into Shay's class. It will forever change how you view carrying a gun and using it to defend yourself and others. It is a starting point, for a lifelong, higher level pursuit of gunfighting excellence.

Shay is one of the best.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Don't do it.

FoF is a path to rethinking your prior training, questioning your reasoning for carrying a gun, and potentially failing to perform well in front of yourself and others.

But, just in case you're into that sorta thing, here is a preview of what Mindset Laboratory has to offer.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_dynamic_fof_scenarios_feb_18_19_2012_a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...light_force_on_force_scenarios_4_22_12_a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...hicle_force_on_force_scenarios_5_20_12_a.html

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    Mindset Labs (Shay) offers an outstanding Force on Force course. I was very skeptical when I took Intro to Force on Force, but it really opened my eyes to what I was missing in my "training". I've taken a few training classes from other places (Tactical Response, etc) and I rate Mindset Labs and Shay at the top.

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    MIke Swisher (Cedar Top) and I had discussed offering a Suarez Int FOF class in Indiana sometime in 2013 if anyone is interested.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    One more recommendation for Shay and Mindset Labs. He runs a great class, teaches clearly, and then puts you under comprehensive stress.

I'm still chewing on the things I learned at his Intro to FOF class.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Don't do it.

FoF is a path to rethinking your prior training, questioning your reasoning for carrying a gun, and potentially failing to perform well in front of yourself and others.

Those are three very strong claims for a negative flat assertion ("Don't do it.") but are only opinions without support. Care to elaborate and support those claims with credible reasoning and-or evidence?

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I believe there is a shade of sarcasm in esrice's first comment. He's been a huge advocate of Shay and the training from Mindset Labs and has also posted very detailed reviews on INGO. Obviously, I can't speak directly for him but I don't believe he launched that post as a negative remark against FOF training. It was probably meant to be more of a "it'll be an eye-opener" type remark.

Those are three very strong claims for a negative flat assertion ("Don't do it.") but are only opinions without support. Care to elaborate and support those claims with credible reasoning and-or evidence?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    NIFT - esrice was almost certainly being sarcastic. He's pointing out that you may not perform as expected in scenario-based training. Students who train with me will learn a lot, but the most important lessons they will learn are about themselves.

I don't teach live fire classes any more. I focus on Force on Force and combatives because I believe that those areas give a student better usable defense skills in a shorter time frame. And it's important to teach Mindset in context and under stress.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Care to elaborate and support those claims with credible reasoning and-or evidence?

I believe there is a shade of sarcasm in esrice's first comment. He's been a huge advocate of Shay and the training from Mindset Labs and has also posted very detailed reviews on INGO. Obviously, I can't speak directly for him but I don't believe he launched that post as a negative remark against FOF training. It was probably meant to be more of a "it'll be an eye-opener" type remark.

NIFT - esrice was almost certainly being sarcastic. He's pointing out that you may not perform as expected in scenario-based training. Students who train with me will learn a lot, but the most important lessons they will learn are about themselves.

I don't teach live fire classes any more. I focus on Force on Force and combatives because I believe that those areas give a student better usable defense skills in a shorter time frame. And it's important to teach Mindset in context and under stress.

Bob,

These guys are correct in that I was being sarcastic with my "Don't do it" line. Read it as "Don't do it, because if you do you'll be hooked!"

The other 3 statements that followed are based on my own personal experiences with FoF training. I rethought, I questioned, I failed.

If you look at the links I posted you'll find that I'm a big fan of FoF and have shared my own experiences with INGOers. I would encourage everyone who carries a gun for self protection to put what they've learned to the test in scenario-based force-on-force.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Bob,

These guys are correct in that I was being sarcastic with my "Don't do it" line. Read it as "Don't do it, because if you do you'll be hooked!"

The other 3 statements that followed are based on my own personal experiences with FoF training. I rethought, I questioned, I failed.

If you look at the links I posted you'll find that I'm a big fan of FoF and have shared my own experiences with INGOers. I would encourage everyone who carries a gun for self protection to put what they've learned to the test in scenario-based force-on-force.

Sorry about that! I thought you were serious!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom