• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    So ford has came out with their version of the "viper smart start" and let me tell you it's awesome! Now I can start, stop, lock, unlock my F150 from anywhere and get notification of security issues from anywhere! It's nice because I work a huge concrete and steel building and regular car starters wouldn't work in the winter until I was close to the car anyway. Now I can just send the command from my phone to start the car 15 mins before I leave.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am out, they just lost me as a new car customer. I am still ticked that my latest Grand Marquis does not have a passenger side key lock. I hate carrying the push button fob. The New Kawasaki Concours has the KPass system. The electronics will not allow the bike to restart at gas stations that use a certain brand of digital pumps, and a low battery on the tire pressure sensor takes over the whole dash display. Most of this new technology does not serve us, it makes us serve the technology. I am an old fart, I will not even use the self serve at the grocery, why should I pay a clerk to stand and watch me do their work?

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I am out, they just lost me as a new car customer. I am still ticked that my latest Grand Marquis does not have a passenger side key lock. I hate carrying the push button fob. The New Kawasaki Concours has the KPass system. The electronics will not allow the bike to restart at gas stations that use a certain brand of digital pumps, and a low battery on the tire pressure sensor takes over the whole dash display. Most of this new technology does not serve us, it makes us serve the technology. I am an old fart, I will not even use the self serve at the grocery, why should I pay a clerk to stand and watch me do their work?

The only time I'll ever use the physical lock on my '12 Focus is if the battery runs out on my remote. I wish I had spent the money and upgraded to the keyless system.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    My 2008 Mazda doesn't have the extra key hole.

I do use the key on the driver's side on a regular basis because I don't want to take my remote running with me. I really wouldn't want one of those electronic keys that automatically unlocks the car because I'd be afraid of it getting messed up with sweat or rain. Those keys are expensive!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You can use your phone to control your car's systems. What could possibly go wrong? LOL

Hackers Reveal Nasty New Car Attacks--With Me Behind The Wheel (Video) - Forbes

Dodge has it too, theirs is called Uconnect.

Hacker remotely crashes Jeep from 10 miles away - Telegraph

They worked with Andy Greenberg, a writer with tech website Wired.com, who drove the Jeep Cherokee on public roads in St Louis, Missouri.
    In his disturbing account Greenberg described how the air vents started blasting out cold air and the radio came on full blast when the hack began.
    The windscreen wipers turned on with wiper fluid, blurring the glass, and a picture of the two hackers appeared on the car’s digital display to signify they had gained access.
    Greenberg said that the hackers then slowed the car to a halt just as he was getting on the highway, causing a tailback behind him - though it got worse after that.
    He wrote: ‘The most disturbing maneuver came when they cut the Jeep’s brakes, leaving me frantically pumping the pedal as the 2-ton SUV slid uncontrollably into a ditch.

They have, apparently, refined the techniques.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    My car doesn't have a key lock on either side, doors unlock with proximity of fob, push start ignition. I leave my keys my pocket the entire time and dont have to worry about locking them in the car.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My car doesn't have a key lock on either side, doors unlock with proximity of fob, push start ignition. I leave my keys my pocket the entire time and dont have to worry about locking them in the car.

So how do you get in a locked vehicle with a bad/dead battery?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    That made me laugh.
    Just show the darned lock!

We have the same thing in our car. Just the fob being close to the car you can unlock/lock it/open trunk. Hold a button on the fob and she drops her top (the car). Push button start - still see the lock though.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    GM has had OnStar remote app for years, use it all the time, makes it great as I can start my truck when its in the barn or when I am landing on a airplane so its warm or cool when I get to it.

Top Bottom