Ford's Audacious Plan to Save $25 Billion: Cut Every Car Except These Two Models

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Eh, as you know (or can at least surmise), most folks who buy brand new vehicles can't really afford them anyhow. Affording the payments month-to-month isn't the same thing as being able to afford the purchase. Auto manufacturers/dealers are banking, literally, on the debt load of millions upon millions of people.

Personally, I'm a sedan kind of guy. Can get a good 1-year old sedan for HALF of what a new small SUV costs. The last few years have been a boon for sedan buyers. Generally Over-stocked and underappreciated in today's SUV-centric market can mean great values/deals to be had in the sedan market. HOWEVER, I sense that since the sedan market overall is shrinking that means that availability in different makes/models will be coming down - especially in the mid-sized market. And that means that willingness to "deal" may start coming down as inventory comes down to meet the lowering demand. It's cyclical in nature.

yes, I WANT an SUV. But for the $, I'd absolutely LOVE to have a new Camry or Accord (2.0 Turbo Sport with the 10-spd, please)

Yep, that's implicit in my can/can't afford. Among those who can't afford, there are those who realize it, those who do not, and those who realize it, but choose to act otherwise.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Eh, as you know (or can at least surmise), most folks who buy brand new vehicles can't really afford them anyhow. Affording the payments month-to-month isn't the same thing as being able to afford the purchase.

Huh. Today I learned that I can afford neither my house or my car, because they are financed. I guess it doesn't matter that the payments fit easily within my budget.

This spending has got to stop. Guess it's time to clamp down and start using both sides of the toilet paper. :):

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Huh. Today I learned that I can afford neither my house or my car, because they are financed. I guess it doesn't matter that the payments fit easily within my budget.

This spending has got to stop. Guess it's time to clamp down and start using both sides of the toilet paper. :):

Look at Daddy Warbucks here with paper for wiping. Dave Ramsey taught me to pay cash for my cars and wipe my ass with my hands.

Top Bottom