Ford's "No gas cap" Do not siphon from one of these cars.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    So with all the chatter about losing electricity and running from a generator I remembered I used all the gas in my can. Empty can there + car there = siphon. So I cram a clean hose in there, can't reach the fuel level to get some so try and pull hose out. Nope. It has grabbed it tight. I nearly pull the hose in two. You can see a flap about an inch town the tube and I can hold it open but there is another flap way down in there. Lucky that I had a long flexible plastic rod on my dryer vent pipe cleaning brush that I slid down along side the captured hose. The rod allowed the lower flap to stay open while I slid out the hose. Had me worried there for a bit. So I suggest you don't try and siphon from a new Ford with the No gas cap cap. :nono:

Last edited:

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    May I add, you can't add gas with a normal gas jug. The misses ran her 10' Flex down to 0 miles on the range counter,and it was duty to go get gas in it. Long story short, you need a long tube to from the guy where your car in now sitting on his lawn with the 4 ways flashing

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    So with all the chatter about losing electricity and running from a generator I remembered I used all the gas in my can. Empty can there + car there = siphon. So I cram a clean hose in there, can't reach the fuel level to get some so try and pull hose out. Nope. It has grabbed it tight. I nearly pull the hose in two. You can see a flap about an inch town the tube and I can hold it open but there is another flap way down in there. Lucky that I had a long flexible plastic rod on my dryer vent pipe cleaning brush that I slid down along side the captured hose. The rod allowed the lower flap to stay open while I slid out the hose. Had me worried there for a bit. So I suggest you don't try and siphon from a new Ford with the No gas cap cap. :nono:

Where ya been??? That No Theft/Siphon has been a Ford feature for at least 20 years... Ole' Henry's got your back... :)

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    May I add, you can't add gas with a normal gas jug. The misses ran her 10' Flex down to 0 miles on the range counter,and it was duty to go get gas in it. Long story short, you need a long tube to from the guy where your car in now sitting on his lawn with the 4 ways flashing
    Ford supplies a special funnel with all the cars with easy fill fuel caps.. Should be with the spare tire or tire jack

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Things like this is why people should read the manual.

Also a good reason why salesmen should consider that giving good information to their customers, especially older ones who tend to rely on experience not expecting such changes, will leave them with customers who will think they are awesome and come back again and again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Also a good reason why salesmen should consider that giving good information to their customers, especially older ones who tend to rely on experience not expecting such changes, will leave them with customers who will think they are awesome and come back again and again.

Most sales staff at a dealer are morons..............:)

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side

When I bought my focus they had someone walk through all the features of the car with me. Wasn't my salesman.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville

I don't disagree with you but anymore most sales men are worthless. Went to a dealer recently and he had to pull out a notebook to tell me what engines were offer in a vehicle. This was a new ford explorer on a ford lot. He should know his stuff considering it's his job. Also when you pay so much for something you should read the manual so you know how to properly matain and use it.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Went to a dealer recently and he had to pull out a notebook to tell me what engines were offer in a vehicle. This was a new ford explorer on a ford lot. He should know his stuff considering it's his job.

I'd say cut the guy a tiny bit of slack. With the number of lines he may be selling, it can be hard to remember what is what. I still have to refer to things for my job to remember what device has what software, or which one can do certain features. What makes it worse is I support three different product lines across three OS platforms, including what could be considered obsolete devices. I'm not a robot, and I occasionally forget things.

Top Bottom