• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    I just bought a replacement stock and forearm for my 12gauge A5, from Brownells. The new forearm didn't come with the small pin the magazine cap seats against to keep from backing off. The same design is on my Remington 1100 as well. I contacted Brownells and they didn't have a part name or number, nor does the Browning website. Anyone have any idea where I can find one, or what the technical name is for it, so I can look it up further?

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It's called a "detent". Numrichs's just shows forearm in pic.

Looks like some synthetic stocks for A5's don't have them (Ramline).
    I know Remington used to run them on 1100s, but on some they didn't and used a wave washer instead.

Dunno if that'd work on an A5, loose or too tight on them seems to end up cracking fore arms (according to web check).
    My buddy cranked his too tight and split 2 before he wised up. Was an iron sighted Buck Special and was trying to squeak a little more accuracy out of it, thought
    tighter was better LOL.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    Thank you Hookeye, I was able to locate the pin and spring on Numrich. Still looking for the sleeve or retainer that the spring and pin slide into. But at least I some info to go on.

Top Bottom