• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I am looking to add a grip on my AR, and can't decide on an angled forgrip or a standard vertical foregrip. One interesting aspect that I have is that my upper is a DB15 with limited rails on both sides and the bottom.

Screenshot_2015-05-11-21-32-13~2.jpg

This is an upper like mine shown from the top, not actually mine...but the bottom has the same limited rail, five slots. I haven't seen or used an angled foregrip, and don't know if the grip itself would be too long to use with how short my railing is.

I dont know which would be better, angled or vertical. If the vertical is better then obviously the short rail isn't an issue. But if the angled is better, then I need to know if it will fit on how short these rails are.

On top of that, are there any other grips I should consider? I have only really looked at Magpul, but I plan on using RitDye to change the color, so tan/coyote/FDE is preferred, but black would be fine too

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Get whatever is comfortable, I like the looks of the AFGs but in practice, I didn't care for them.

For VFGs, I like stubbys because I use them to "pull" the rifle to me.

But, all my ARs are bare forearms, no front grips of any style. Everyone is different so what feels right is different. Get what's comfy for you

As for the AFG and fitting, it will grip all of your rail sections so that's good, it'll just have a lip on either side because the grip won't be fully supported but it will still be strong enough. It might just stick the AFG too far out for you to be confortable

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I personally see zero need for an AFG but hey that's just me. Give me a hand stop or a VFG... I'd just get a FDE VFG and be done with it. I used to have the exact rifle. DB15 same color same rail etc. VFG would be perfect.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    The AFG works well on pistols where you can't have a VFG, and for shooters that keep their hand far forward/elbow way out. Personally I shoot military style, and keep my elbows tucked as close as possible and I use a stubby VFG. I had a Knights Armament VFG, magpul VFG and a couple others on my rifle, ended up with a tango down VFG w/ quick disconnect, and it is by far the best.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Like others said it depends on your shooting style. I personally don't care much for vertical fore grips. It feels very awkward for my support hand to be so much below the rifle. I am used to having my hand on the same plane as the barrel as with shooting normal rifles. For target and standing off hand precision shooting I pull my support hand in closer.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    That is a little bit more than what I was wanting to spend haha

Same here. But after using it and the magpul vfg.. The magpul, or anything else was a waste of money. I thought that it was too much to pay for it also.. But screws back out.. QD do not, as well as I can throw it on other rifles lickety split. I have a lot of money in my set up.. And even more in the stuff that didn't work out haha. Don't look at it being $90.. View it as $40 more than the magpul etc.. Makes it hurt a little less. But I'm glad I bought it.

Top Bottom