• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you forgot you EDC in the last 6 months?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was leaving work to take my daughter to the doctors and i realize that i forgot my gun in the safe back at the office. I did not have time to turn around and go to the office so i counited on. The whole couple hours I felt like i was missing something and that I felt like i was not wearing pants. Anyone else ever done this and had that feelings?:coffee:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Worst feeling in the world, when you end up in a place that isn't that "great," you reach down to your side for reassurance, and your first thought is "damn."

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, the bangers here in Winchester tend to look like skinny white guys with bad skin and teeth. Ok, worse teeth than I.
    Forgetting my piece around here just isn't something that puts one in immediately fear for one's life.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    NO; but - On weekends I carry the G19 (it's the wife and more her "house/range" gun) since I traded my G26 for her G43 ...

After the last trip to the range I had her re-load it w/ the Crit Duty Rounds ... couple of months ago, I pulled it out to do some dry fire Practice ... and discovered I was carrying on an empty chamber ... (dang it are you tryin to get me killed woman???!?!!!!) ... really its my fault, but we always keep it loaded so ... lesson learned ... check the chamber now and then. ... LOL

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've left my phone at home way more than my EDC.

On my days off, it goes on with my pants and stays there until bed time.

Now I have left it locked up in the car after picking up my kids from school. But usually 4 or 5 steps out of the car, I head back to put it back on.

jbrubaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    With three small kids, getting out the door is often a supremely chaotic event and sometimes the hullaballoo overrides my remembering to holster up. Later I feel doubly bad because my kids are sorta a huge part of the reason I carry in the first place.

Maybe I should start home carrying...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Doesn't happen.....

EDC goes on when I get dressed in the morning. It comes off when I go to bed at night. When it's not on me it is laying by the nightstand gun.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    With three small kids, getting out the door is often a supremely chaotic event and sometimes the hullaballoo overrides my remembering to holster up. Later I feel doubly bad because my kids are sorta a huge part of the reason I carry in the first place.

My family is WHY I started carrying everywhere. I know it's chaotic but a few minutes in the morning isn't much of a sacrifice to save your family. Make sure you have a good belt and holster. It will make carrying all day SO much easier.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm usually pretty good. If my pants are on, my gun is on.

But... just this morning I put on my holster.... and it was empty when I went back downstairs. THAT doesn't do me much good!

I need a larger bedside safe, so that it can stay in the holster. I hate handling it more than absolutely necessary.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mine's always on if I'm not asleep*, in the shower or at work (not even allowed to have it on the property), but even then, I wear it in the hour or so that I have for "coffee time" before I leave for work. Goes back on as soon as I change out of my work clothes when I get home.

*I do leave it on for naps. At night for "real" sleep, there's one on my night stand.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I read a study recently which concluded nearly 100% of home invasions happen in the victim's home.

That's why I carry...even at home.

jbrubaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    My family is WHY I started carrying everywhere. I know it's chaotic but a few minutes in the morning isn't much of a sacrifice to save your family. Make sure you have a good belt and holster. It will make carrying all day SO much easier.

I read a study recently which concluded nearly 100% of home invasions happen in the victim's home.

That's why I carry...even at home.

Good points.

I really need a better holster as mine is not all-day comfortable. Are you guys carrying IWB or OWB at home?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom